Boating in N.C. Question?

This is a discussion on Boating in N.C. Question? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We travel down to the coast around Morehead city or Emerald Isle N.C. several times a year to do a little Fishing.We have been as ...

Thread: Boating in N.C. Question?

Boating in N.C. Question?

We travel down to the coast around Morehead city or Emerald Isle N.C. several times a year to do a little Fishing.We have been as far as 25 miles out on my little 23' CC boat. My question is , Is it legal for me to carry either on myself or on the boat when we do this. I have looked but cant find any info on this. I have A CCP in N.C. as well does everyone that goes fishing with me.

Any help is appreciated.
    The Redneck.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You are way, way out of my realm here, but we did have a thread about boats a while back and it seems like the Coast Guard has rules that apply (anywhere in the world for a US flagged vessel) in addition to the state rules. You may want to look at that too. Also, is 25 miles still considered state or US waters? If international, then there is more to research. Good luck.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

No loaded firearms on boat launches operated by the NCWRC. In freshwater, once off the launch property you would be OK. Saltwater, I have no idea.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links