Opponents of Gun-Free Zones at Universities Find Unlikely Hero in Nevada Woman Read

Opponents of Gun-Free Zones at Universities Find Unlikely Hero in Nevada Woman Read

This is a discussion on Opponents of Gun-Free Zones at Universities Find Unlikely Hero in Nevada Woman Read within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good article Opponents of Gun-Free Zones at Universities Find Unlikely Hero in Nevada Woman - FoxNews.com...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 6 Post By RoadRunner71
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Opponents of Gun-Free Zones at Universities Find Unlikely Hero in Nevada Woman Read

TVille likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Agreed. "Why should I be defenseless when following the law, when the badguy who wants to hurt me doesn't give a damn about the law?"

Also, take into account that said BG is quite probably a repeat offender, and not supposed to have a gun in the first place? You don't necessarily have to be a "trained professional" to know how to safely use/handle a firearm. SC, at least, you have to take a class to get your carry permit. You may not be a "professional", but you're most definitely trained.

VIP Member
    "Unlikely hero"? What is so unlikely? To my mind she is the perfect hero for this cause. A woman alone on campus, brutally attacked while following the law by disarming herself, who could be a better spokesperson? Her life was dramatically changed due to this stupid law. Now she has the guts to stand up and tell the world her story. Good for her!

Now if there are a few lawmakers out there with the courage to do the right thing and repeal these idiotic laws, maybe there won't have to be another "unlikely hero" again.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

If the first victim had killed this dirtbag, the second would still be alive! Why is this so hard to understand?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I saw her talking to a legislature ..... and she did very well. No one argued with her either. The only comment ONE College President said, "I think it will make the college campus with KIDS carrying guns, more dangerous".

That's where the rubber meets the road. We don't need others to give us a false pretense of safety that in reality does not exist, particularly on college campuses where rapes, personal robberies, etc are always much higher.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The bill passed out of the senate committee with only one senator voting against it. That senator has vowed to do all in his power to kill the bill when it hits the senate floor. Senator Schneider is no friend to the people who stand ready to protect themselves. Amanda is very brave. I wish you all could see and hear her in person.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Sadly Florida removed campus carry from its bill :( Good article though

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    One day....one day

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Amanda Collins' logic and example of the failed gun-free-zone policy cannot be refuted by the antis, no matter how they spin it.
    Last edited by Anubis; April 10th, 2011 at 10:36 AM.

VIP Member
    From article;;

Dr. Gregory Brown, professor of history at UNLV and vice president of the UNLV Faculty Alliance, points to studies that argue more guns on campus translates into more violence at school.
    and,
    "They are not trained professionals," Schneider said. "By the time any student could get a gun, when they were attacked by someone else with a gun if they went for their gun, it would be a bad outcome."

and;
    This by a guy who actually states the facts, instead of just shooting off his mouth, like these two buffoons, Gregory Brown, and Schneider;

But author John Lott, who writes in support of gun rights, argues that at the 70 schools that allow students and faculty with permits to carry guns, "not one has experienced the type of harm predicted by opponents. Not a single permit holder on these campuses has been involved in a firearm accident or crime."

But they will continue to have morons saying that, it would just be more dangerous for everyone, and te victim if armed would only be in more jeopardy if they tried to use their own gun, in defense.

Complete BUTT CLOWNS
    TN_Mike likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

yep oneshot, a lot of people do not know that there are already a lot of schools out there where campus carry is a reality. the state of Utah has has carry on college campus for some time now. Where are all the shootings? Where are the accidents? Where are the incidents of some college student getting mad or drunk and doing something stupid? there aren't any. I think that proves out point quite well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    Thats because the State University Presidents, The Board of Regents and Frank Brogen are against it and they still carry a lot of weight in Tallahasse. Those who choose to have others protect them will never understand that our day to day safety is on us.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I have no problem with a College or University banning guns on their Campuses,just as long as they are privately funded,but if they accept payment for classes from any Federal or State programs,then I believe they should have no right to be able to claim their grounds any different than If I was walking down the street or entering a County building here that has no Court or Justice of the Peace offices.If they want to keep the 2nd amendment off their Campus,then by all means don't accept taxpayer money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links