Issues with traveling

This is a discussion on Issues with traveling within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Good People TGIF So I had a meeting in a local college today. no guns allowed there so I put my XD40 in my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ooxlinusxoo

Thread: Issues with traveling

Issues with traveling

Hello Good People

TGIF

So I had a meeting in a local college today. no guns allowed there so I put my XD40 in my lock box and had under the seat. the problem I have is when i go back, there are people around and I do not feel comfortable pulling it out to tuck in my iwb holster and trying to tuck it while sitting in my car is very uncomfortable and I think my belly gets in the way. lol. I ended up driving to different stores and going home with my gun locked up in the box inaccessible to me.

so what do you guys normally do when you temporarily need to put away your gun. do you guys not care who sees; a better way to tuck when seated; or just leave it locked like I did?

2. Remove Ads

I don't typically care if someone sees. I do try to reasonably hide it, though. Keep your strong side toward the car and handle your business.
    People aren't usually paying that much attention anyways. Plus, odds are that if you're a guy tucking in your shirt, you probably don't draw too much negative attention.
    I guess it all depends on how important it is to you.

Oh yeah, thinking about it now, I drive a truck. My waist doesn't come up high enough to see my gun from the passenger window if I'm standing outside with my strong side in the door...

[buy a truck.]
    Old School likes this.

I use a paddle holster when I may have to take
    My weapon on or off and I try to be discreet about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ooxlinusxoo View Post
    I don't typically care if someone sees. I do try to reasonably hide it, though. Keep your strong side toward the car and handle your business.
    People aren't usually paying that much attention anyways. Plus, odds are that if you're a guy tucking in your shirt, you probably don't draw too much negative attention.
    I guess it all depends on how important it is to you.

Oh yeah, thinking about it now, I drive a truck. My waist doesn't come up high enough to see my gun from the passenger window if I'm standing outside with my strong side in the door...

[buy a truck.][/B][/B]
    LOL Thanks

Sandy had a good solution. I personally try to keep it out of sight when storing. I am legal so if someone sees not a big deal. I perfer people not to see. I also drive a truck.
    I don't know what I will do when the government makes me drive a mini electric. I have a hard time getting in and out of the wife's Corrola.
    Semper Fi

I run into the same problem from time to time also. What I do now is store my G19 in a Galco paddle holster with the paddle removed. When I retrieve it from the box, I wedge it between the seat and the center console so I can get to it, until I get to my next stop and can holster the Glock. I holster as I am gettting out of the car. With a little practice, it looks like you are adjusting your shirt as you close your door.

Maybe keep a MacDonald's bag in your car. Then when you need to reholster, set it on the dash. People will think you are simply trying to dig a fry out that fell between the seat and console.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Maybe keep a MacDonald's bag in your car. Then when you need to reholster, set it on the dash. People will think you are simply trying to dig a fry out that fell between the seat and console.

Maybe this is not the proper thread for this, but I gotta tell this one, Re: McD french fries.
    A buddy was eating his fries whilestuck in traffic. He dropped one you-know-where. he was digging it out whan an old lady in a bus, with the window down yells "pervert". Whenthe light changed, he turned the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ooxlinusxoo View Post

[buy a truck.]
    This is what I do so I'll have to go with +1 buy a truck.

I carry OWB and use a snap holster from Side Guard. Easy on and easy off, even when seated. I do put the Sig in COM safe under the driver's seat for safe keeping and the holster in the console.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I normally don't need to handle my carry pistol, but my car has a black interior and I keep a black towel under the seat to hide whatever I want to keep hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post

Care for some fries with your McPistol?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I drive a jeep,left handed so I open the door and slide my gun in OWB holster cover with shirt and git r done.You would be surprised just how many people you think may be watching you are barely aware of your existence
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks Everyone. I think it is a great idea to wear my owb holster for when i know i will be going to prohibited places. it seem much easier to holster that than the inside the waist band.

Links