This (Otherwise Fine) Jewelry Store Chain Does Not Want OUR Money; please comment. - Page 4

This (Otherwise Fine) Jewelry Store Chain Does Not Want OUR Money; please comment.

This is a discussion on This (Otherwise Fine) Jewelry Store Chain Does Not Want OUR Money; please comment. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Excellent post and letter. I agree with your comments and the professionalism of your letter whole-heartedly. I did some work in the security field, not ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Excellent post and letter. I agree with your comments and the professionalism of your letter whole-heartedly. I did some work in the security field, not as a guard, but behind the scenes. I did however have interaction with many of the guards. I just don't understand the industry. GUARDS ARE a target....especially when armed and in uniform. Most of these brave individuals are older, not in the best physical health, or simply would not stand a chance in a showdown due to a complete lack of situational training and experience. Their function as a visual deterent is questionable at best. I do not intend to insult or put down---as any work done is admirable in my eyes---but perspective here is key. BG's with semiautos and strength in numbers would simply laugh off a six shooter adorned by such an obviously unprepared character. I feel they best solution for this kind of store is extensive electric moitoring and a plain clothes AND capable armed guard who "shops" and blends in for most of the day.

Perhaps an even better deterent for BG's would be a window etching that states, "Legal CCW Welcome---Robbers Beware".

Best of luck firing this letter up the corporate chain of sheeple and beaurocracy.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Well sir, I live in Nashville Tennessee and my wife's birthday is one week from tomorrow. Would you care to guess where her gift WON'T be coming from? Maybe I'll just get a nice camcorder or XBOX 360 since there's at least one jewelry store that doesn't want my money.

As far as specific examples of where a legally carried weapon could have or did make a difference ... from this morning's local news:

- Grocery store employee attacks co-workers with a knife, wounding several and chasing one person out into the parking lot "looking like a serial killer." The manager of a nearby financial company upon witnessing the suspect chasing the intended victim through the parking lot, retrieved his 9mm semi-automatic handgun from his vehicle and confronted the suspect - at which point the man dropped the knife, threw up his hands and (gave up).

- An off duty Police Officer from Chattanooga was shot in the face last night as he attempted to break up a fight in the parking lot of the South Nashville Bailey's. The officer was in Nashville for a softball tournament and instinctually tried to intervene, approaching the subjects with his badge and weapon in hand. He is expected to make a full recovery, the suspects are still at large.

- 7 people were critically injured lastnight when they tried to stop "gang members" from crashing a family party on Murfreesboro Road to celebrate the Baptism of a family member. Police are searching for the suspect(s).

- An elderly woman was robbed and carjacked lastnight after leaving the MacDonald's located at the intersection of Old Hickory Boulevard and Nolensville Road. (No further details on this one but it's less than a mile from my home).

If Jared believes their weapons policy will prevent anything other than law abiding citizens' ability to protect themselves (and possibly their own employees) then I'd say they haven't watched the news or read a newspaper in far too long. I'm fully aware of what my neighborhood and city have become, are they? I refuse to patronize any business that denies me the right to protect my loved ones and myself.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    To all folks so far in the thread - despite agencyman's plan to send the thread - do please if you intend to remove your business let them know somehow.

I sometimes wonder if companies foresee the possible ramifications of depriving honest folks of their legitimate means of protection. Could be the only thing that would bring it home is if someone was carrying and completely averted a robbery and harm to staff. Not even sure then.
    I did just that at my former bank. I knew they had an anti-policy, but asked them if I could leave my pistol in my safe deposit box while we went on a vacation trip to Mexico. They said "no firearms meant no firearms", so I closed my accounts (I had just received a sizable inheiritence from my father's estate), and the safe deposit box and took the money and the contents to a gun friendlier bank down the street.

The old bank had me sign a survey, and one of the questions was "Why are you closing this account at this time?" My response was (and I still have a copy of it),

"I am closing this account due to this bank's disregard for my 2nd Amendment rights, and my right to be able to defend myself and others at all times. In the future I will only do business with companies that respect and support my right to keep and bear arms."
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    The Jared's here in Colorado are posted too. Must be corporate policy.

As English has the word "theocracy" for denoting rule by religious leaders, I have long thought there should be an English word meaning "rule by lawyers".
    It's corporate policy.
    I don't have it any longer, but I did send an email to them about a year or so ago.
    I got a canned response from them about it, and that was all.
    I took an 800.00 bracelet that I had just purchased, and returned it for full credit. I told them I would no longer be shopping in their establishment. When asked why, I politely told the manager that due to their prohibition of lawfully, licensed people carrying concealed weapons, I felt unsafe in their store. I also let her know that the criminal element would probably not pay attention to the signage. :D

Diamond earrings

I bought my wife diamond earrings for Christmas. It wasn't at Jared and there wasn't a ban on guns. I quietly wore my gun, picked out the earrings, paid and left.

Had I pulled up to a Jareds and saw the sign, I would have turned around.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Am I completely alone here on this?
    I think we're all with you. I boycott PNC businesses and waste no time pointing out to them how stupid it is to stop law-abiding patrons and to allow criminals (in effect), possibly intent on robbing the place, to proceed. They will never understand the logical fallacy.

Corporate lawyers write rules like this for CYA, of course, but I also think they do so to keep it simple for themselves. If someone does rob a bank or jewelry store and shoots employees, the lawyers and the police are trained to deal with the aftermath. The lawyers will negotiate compensation for the dead employees' families, and the police will hunt the criminals. I think the corporate lawyers simply don't want to waste their time considering any more complicated alternatives.

I think the corporate lawyers simply don't want to waste their time considering any more complicated alternatives.
    It's funny, since dead perps constitute a far simpler equation than dead employees and/or customers. It's just a matter of time, with the "dinner bell" hung outside.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hmm i went to a jareds before i got my ccw. Did'nt notice the sign(but then again i was being dragged into my fifth jewlery store by fiance to look at wedding bands, and was losing touch with reality fast.hmm i find that i don't do that when im armed. I notice everything) There was a carbon copy of the same guard with the same gun though. Just sitting on his stool right by the entrance and staring into space.
    I didn't like that establishment for some reason. Now i know why. I could smell the lingering, stale odor of sheeple. Put up a sign and hand fate over to destiny.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

1. "Hello, Criminals. All persons within this establishment have been legally disarmed for your convenience. Enjoy."

2. "Hello, Manager. In order to get a concealed license, one must have NO felony convictions, NO drug convictions, NO domestic violence convictions, and must pass an extensive background check... do you know as much about your other customers?"

3. I could be wrong about this one, but it sticks in my mind that CCW licenseholders are the one group in the continental US least likely to violate ANY law. Such a sign alienates this one group that you want firmly ON your side, not driven away!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links