My buddy found out why I carry!

This is a discussion on My buddy found out why I carry! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I talked to a buddy of mine the other day and found out he and his wife were at dinner at a buffet style place ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: My buddy found out why I carry!

My buddy found out why I carry!

I talked to a buddy of mine the other day and found out he and his wife were at dinner at a buffet style place where you pay before you dine, as he leaned over to sign the reciept he herd a man say give me the [removed] money, he looked up and there was a man with a large knife robbing the place, after his wife screamed and he pooped his pants a little bit , the BG took the restraunts money and ran out the door with the manager on his heels, after he told me about this i told him "and you people wonder why i carry". like i told my buddy, this nutjob might have wanted your money/watch/whatever, just thought i'd share my story.
    Last edited by JD; April 11th, 2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Addressed via PM

2. Remove Ads

If the robber was not threatening him or his wife, what would he have done with a handgun.....besides getting someone hurt? There are better examples and reasons to carry.
    MadMac and mitchellh like this.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville - 1835

I am guessing that the OP was trying to show that you can come across a BG anywhere at anytime even at a buffet.

What if the bad guy wanted to take his wife with him. I would not let anyone take my wife. Yes someone would get hurt.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    What if the bad guy wanted to take his wife with him. I would not let anyone take my wife. Yes someone would get hurt.
    Semper Fi
    I have a couple of friends that would insist that their wife go with the BG. He would have returned her quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Jfan View Post
    If the robber was not threatening him or his wife, what would he have done with a handgun.....besides getting someone hurt? There are better examples and reasons to carry.
    A man with a deadly weapon robbing someone next to me is showing his willingness to kill by useing that weapon, this makes me fear for my life, he goes down!

John

So Paullie, what was your friends reaction to your comment?

Angry

This is my first response with this site but, if a guy pulls a knife on me, he is fair game. Especially in texas

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    And there are worse...

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    So you are saying you would rather have been standing there unarmed. I'll take having a gun, just because I'm armed does not mean I have to use it. But it sure is nice to have in case I want to.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    So you are saying you would rather have been standing there unarmed. I'll take having a gun, just because I'm armed does not mean I have to use it. But it sure is nice to have in case I want to.
    ^^^^

This...is the reason I carry....just in case...
    BugDude likes this.
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Would be justified to use deadly force here in FL but not sure I would unless the BG actually used the knife to attempt to kill or injure the clerk. If his attention was directed toward me or my family, it won't end well for him. That's why I carry.
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

Right. So he's not threatening him or his wife. Then he starts carving up the employees and patrons of the establishment, but he's not threatening him or his wife, so just don't worry about it.
    NIS350ZTT likes this.

Chances are that once the BG with the knife sees me with my drawn 1911 pointing in his direction, he would probably make a quick exit without me having to fire any shots. Remember, there are numerous instances where just the presence of a good gun in the proximity of a crime has stopped the crime without a shot fired. On the other hand, if the BG chooses to get even more stupid with that knife, the trigger would most certainly get pulled. No use to shoot a knife wielding nut unless a hostage is taken or he's coming closer to use the knife on me. I'm the one with the upper hand since a gun trumps a knife in a gunfight anyday.

Remember, we carry for defensive purposes, not offensive engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    So Paullie, what was your friends reaction to your comment?

he's still the way he was, which isn't anti-gun, not pro-gun, more like no-gun he says a gun isn't for him but he has no problem with "good guys" having them

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links