Neighbor's Dangerous Dog - Page 4

Neighbor's Dangerous Dog

This is a discussion on Neighbor's Dangerous Dog within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; BTW--did the dude explain why he was there? and the (idiot) jury bought it? Claimed he need directions.......... From a 3 yr old??? Why did ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Neighbor's Dangerous Dog

BTW--did the dude explain why he was there? and the (idiot) jury bought it?

Claimed he need directions..........

From a 3 yr old??? Why did he not respond to the adults??? Why did try to bypass the dog to get closer to the kid???? All questions I wonder about.........
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

Anyways, how's your kid doing now? One thing to keep in mind (if you haven't already) is to make sure that he doesn't become afraid of dogs because of that experience. He should be wary of them but not scared

Yes, how is your son???

+1 on the other also.
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

He's resting comfortably (with pain meds)--still have to change dressings x2 day and clean once a day (ouch!)

My son made a comment when we told him the G-S would be out of quarantine in a few days--that it would be back to normal for him.

My son's response: "Well, it won't be normal for me anymore"

...if that doesn't kick ya in the...

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229
    My son's response: "Well, it won't be normal for me anymore"
    Yikes, I feel for him. But no matter how hard or painful it might be, he will have to get reaquainted with dogs (and maybe even with the same one under supervision). Idea is that dogs smell fear and that might lead to further situations. My nephew got bit in the hand when he was 5. I had to work hard to get my sister to force him to overcome his fear of dogs. What finally helped me was when she saw that when he was walking by a fence where there was a dog on the other side, the dog didn't react till my nephew noticed the dog and jumped away from the fence. It was clearly visible though that the dog was aware of my nephew for the whole time while he was walking by that fence. Now he's 16 and while he is wary of dogs and he doesn't trust them but he is not afraid of them (I think it took him a few months way way back to get through his initial fears and reactions).

Sig 229 Get the name of his home owners insurance co. Send him a registered letter/notarized of problem.Send copy to insurance co. They will cancell his Home owners insurance policy. Bank will be notified,the bank will call his loan because of no proof of insurance.Get his/her !!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by auburn4
    Sig 229 Get the name of his home owners insurance co. Send him a registered letter/notarized of problem.Send copy to insurance co. They will cancell his Home owners insurance policy. Bank will be notified,the bank will call his loan because of no proof of insurance.Get his/her !!!!!.
    Ummm
    1. How do you figure they will cancel it? Maybe the dog is covered under the policy?
    2. From the sounds of it, the neighbours are not necessarily unresponsive (not enough detail in posts to say one way or the other) but no sense of going after them in such a manner till other solutions get taken care of. Why create more bad blood in a situation that is complicated and bad enough already?

Your suggestions remind me of an article I read many years ago (for the life of me I can't remember the country it referred to or how long ago was it, but I do like it for what has transpired).

There was this guy who had a very noisy neighbour. She was a retired lady who liked to look over the fence and know what is going on. He didn't necessarily like it but not to the point to do anything about it. At one point or another he did get this puppy who was a real jumper and was really protective of his "area". He did warn the lady that he has a dog and the dog feels protective of his surroundings and mentioned that she might be careful as she leans over the fence to look in. She paid him no attention and one day while he was working in the yard, she got up on her step stool she kept by the wall and leaned in. The dog jumped and I think tore part of her ear of. The guy felt bad, took her to the hospital and paid the bill and was willing to pay out of his pockets some extra money for pain and suffering (he had a fair amount of money: not stinking rich, but well off). Anyways she took him to court cause she wanted $$. He got pissed off, hired his coworker or something like that (he was a lawyer) and the woman did not see a penny because her head invaded the privacy of his yard and the dog defended it.

So what am I getting at? Things should be taken one step at a time and if the neighbours are willing to work things out, don't throw a book at them cause it might take a weird turn (depends on local laws and such of course).
    Last edited by Huzar; July 24th, 2006 at 08:50 PM.

Huzar You are right. Maybe a little overboard. "BUT' If a dog bit my son/daughter there would not be any "compromise". T's would be crossed and I's dotted right now.

Thank you all for your sentiments, advice, condolences and well wishes--it is very much appreciated. We have retained counsel and he is pursuing various avenues for resolution.

We remain friendly towards our neighbors and will continue to do so, as they are nice people and their kids play with ours. All have learned a lesson.

With that said, Mods--please close this thread.

If readers wish to PM, you may do so, but I will not disclose anymore than what has been posted in this thread.

Thank you.

As you Wish

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links