First post, few questions for you guys!

This is a discussion on First post, few questions for you guys! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all. I've had my concealed for a few years now. I carry a variety of guns but recently I've been looking at the Robinson ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LanceORYGUN

Thread: First post, few questions for you guys!

Hello all. I've had my concealed for a few years now. I carry a variety of guns but recently I've been looking at the Robinson armament xcr-l micro pistol. I'm planning on puttinghand stop on there as well. Living in Washington state would any of this be illegal to carry? As long as there is no vertical grip or stock making it an "other weapon" or sbr I should be good. I'm not looking for this to be an everyday carry but for when I go hiking or somewhere isolated. Thanks for the help!

Robinson Armament Click Here

link added qks.

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware! I can't answer your question for Washington, but I'm sure you will get a response from someone out that way before long.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thanks. I wasnt sure if this was the right thread to post in. Just to save you guys some trouble...I do plan on getting it in 7.62 with the 7 inch barrel. Here is link for the specs. This is registered as a handgun correct?

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial...duct_info.html

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    This is registered as a handgun correct?
    Your link has this: "Warning!!! All NFA Rules apply. It is unlawful to attach a buttstock or forward pistol grip to a pistol unless the receiver has been registered with the NFA Branch of the BATFE. Become familiar with and comply with all federal and local laws and regulations before modifying the configuration of your XCR™" so if you avoid such modifications, it's a pistol.

Ya but a handstop is not a pistol grip. It's a handstop. The same category as a heat shield right? It's not a vertical grip right? Regardless without any type of grip this can be concealed right?

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    The gun is over 18 inches long and weighs over 5 lbs unloaded. With a mag of 7.62x39mm, it would be very heavy indeed.

There is no way that you can conceal this effectively. Certainly would be most uncomfortable to carry since it is so heavy.

This is really a most ridiculous idea.

First Sgt likes this.

Ya if u hiking in the woods for a week and u put it in a backpack it's not. I've already been held at gunpoint by some Indians while fishing. Have u ever stumbled upon a meth lab in the mountains? Ever seen the types of people that tend them? I'm well aware of how heavy the gun is. I've carried heavier through mountains of afghanistan so I'm not worried about it. I was asking for facts not ur opinion on "if carrying this weapon is a good idea."

my idea of a micro pistol is something with a barrel length under 3" and can fit in the palm of your hand,you might be better off for the money getting a 10 mm or 44 magnum handgun,probably be faster to deploy and shoot,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ya if u hiking in the woods for a week and u put it in a backpack it's not. I've already been held at gunpoint by some Indians while fishing.
    I would want a gun I could get to quicker than digging it out of my backpack. Oh, I need my gun, would you wait a minute so I can get it?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Or just sitting in ur tent. I carry a hk .40 at all times now. But thanks for the help...really helped me out a lot. Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    RangerDanger, for your purposes as a woods gun I would go with a Draco AK pistol, its an AK-47 with a chopped barrel and no stock so its technecally a pistol. Same mags as a full size AK and its a pistol so you can attach a sling and carry it with your permit. Might want to check into those
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Ya if u hiking in the woods for a week and u put it in a backpack it's not. I've already been held at gunpoint by some Indians while fishing. Have u ever stumbled upon a meth lab in the mountains? Ever seen the types of people that tend them? I'm well aware of how heavy the gun is. I've carried heavier through mountains of afghanistan so I'm not worried about it. I was asking for facts not ur opinion on "if carrying this weapon is a good idea."
    This is the concealed carry forum, so generally issues related to concealed carry are discussed here. That is why I questioned the concealability of such a large and heavy weapon.

You say that you are ex-military, back home in the states now, and are hiking in wilderness areas for a week at a time where you encounter hostile Indians and Meth labs.

First off, I have not heard of a meth lab bust here in Oregon for some years now. The materials to make meth are now so very tightly regulated and controlled that they are about impossible to get hold of. All of the meth busts that I have heard about in recent years have involved the arrest of Mexicans who are bringing meth here into the Pacific Northwest. Perhaps you ran into some Meth labs years ago before you went into the service. But it is common knowledge that they are not the problem that they once where, and that the market is now being supplied by the Mexican drug cartels. So the odds of running into such an operation are now pretty much nil.

If you are encountering such dangerous armed folks in these remote areas, then a handgun is going to be of little good to you. For there is nothing to stop the bad guys that you run into from having long guns, which will put you at a huge tactical disadvantage in an outdoors environment. Muzzle blast and recoil from a 7.62x39mm handgun is going to be something fierce. It will be most difficult to control and fire accurately in a gunfight. So I really don't see any point in having any such firearm with you.

Your HK should be all that you should need. But if you need more than that, then just bring a light AR-15 carbine along. It will be far, far more effective protection. And it will be a weapon that you are used to using.

Last edited by LanceORYGUN; April 12th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

Check with WSP. They will know. Washington has some quirky gun laws, so you should go to a competent authority and get it in writing. Internet gun forums aren't a real great place to get legal advice.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    This is the concealed carry forum, so generally issues related to concealed carry are discussed here. That is why I questioned the concealability of such a large and heavy weapon.

You say that you are ex-military, back home in the states now, and are hiking in wilderness areas for a week at a time where you encounter hostile Indians and Meth labs.

First off, I have not heard of a meth lab bust here in Oregon for some years now. The materials to make meth are now so very tightly regulated and controlled that they are about impossible to get hold of. All of the meth busts that I have heard about in recent years have involved the arrest of Mexicans who are bringing meth here into the Pacific Northwest. Perhaps you ran into some Meth labs years ago before you went into the service. But it is common knowledge that they are not the problem that they once where, and that the market is now being supplied by the Mexican drug cartels. So the odds of running into such an operation are now pretty much nil.

If you are encountering such dangerous armed folks in these remote areas, then a handgun is going to be of little good to you. For there is nothing to stop the bad guys that you run into from having long guns, which will put you at a huge tactical disadvantage in an outdoors environment. Muzzle blast and recoil from a 7.62x39mm handgun is going to be something fierce. It will be most difficult to control and fire accurately in a gunfight. So I really don't see any point in having any such firearm with you.

Your HK should be all that you should need. But if you need more than that, then just bring a light AR-15 carbine along. It will be far, far more effective protection. And it will be a weapon that you are used to using.

I actually ran into meth labs while in the service. One of them here of ft. Lewis.

Sponsored Links