caught last 20 minutes of "gun fight" on hbo

This is a discussion on caught last 20 minutes of "gun fight" on hbo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; all i can say is that we're lucky we had richard feldman at the right time. his handling of the bernie goetz situation really transformed ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JBinMont

Thread: caught last 20 minutes of "gun fight" on hbo

caught last 20 minutes of "gun fight" on hbo

all i can say is that we're lucky we had richard feldman at the right time. his handling of the bernie goetz situation really transformed the national debate and really got the NRA to think of carrying as a defense and civil rights issue, at least according to the show.

2. Remove Ads

one thing i'd like to add is that look at the homicide rate since the gun control act of 1968: Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I caught the first 45 minutes or so and was pleasantly surprised at the amount and quality of pro-2a time given, considering it's HBO. Of course they had plenty of highly emotional anti viewpoints, but I think any intelligent person who watched this would agree that the "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"......in my highly biased opinion.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville - 1835

OK, I just watched the last half, and boy did it turn south. Nothing but a slam of the NRA (stating that they're "a bunch of conservative white males fearful of being displaced by people of color and homosexuals") and the 2nd ammendment ("an idea that is a threat to the rule of law itself, an invitation to vigilanteism and an invitation to take up arms, literally, against elected officials"....with the OKC bombing video playing in the background). There was also a segment bashing gunshows and the "gunshow loophole". That's the HBO I know and love. ):
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville - 1835

This is a great video from John Stossel Links Gun Control to Higher Crime Rates.

TN_Mike likes this.
    "Trouble Never Makes An Appointment"

DVR'd it sounds like it will be an emotional rollercoaster of sorts...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMont View Post
    This is a great video from John Stossel Links Gun Control to Higher Crime Rates.

I have seen this before but it is a great video to throw up on line from time to time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links