ccw when place has no gun sign?

This is a discussion on ccw when place has no gun sign? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Signs do not carry any weight in CO either. It is rare to see a no gun or gun buster sign. Most malls have some ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ccw when place has no gun sign?

Signs do not carry any weight in CO either. It is rare to see a no gun or gun buster sign. Most malls have some policy buried in their policy statement or by-laws. Often the by-laws are not posted or posted in small print on one wall inside the door. I have actually caught the local city breaking the law and posting signs that threaten 1-year jail sentence and a $500.00 fine if you carry a firearm into city owned buildings. In CO if a city/county/state building wants to ban CCW they MUST have metal dectectors and detect everyone entering the building from all entrances. They do this at the Douglas County Sheriff Office,it includes the county court and jail systems. The city attorney replied saying they did not intent to ban CCW only OC. He immediately changed the signs on all city buildings and parks to say OC only was banned. RMGO threathen filing a injunction on my behalf. I use a COM I carry in my car if I must dis-arm.

2. Remove Ads

unless it is a post office, public school, courthouse, etc.........i walk right on in......my glock 26 is nearly invisible under my t shirt......and if somebody does notice it and asks me to leave....."no problem sir/maam, and im taking my money that i was going to spend here with me" :)

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    When I went for my ccw about 13 years ago the big thing was the post office.Folks,the post office is Federal property where federal laws prevail in court the last time
    I check. Regal entertainment has a one by one inch size sign that's barely visable.I am going tyo spend my hard earned dollars to folks who think like I do period!

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    When I went for my ccw about 13 years ago the big thing was the post office.Folks,the post office is Federal property where federal laws prevail in court the last time
    I check. Regal entertainment has a one by one inch size sign that's barely visable.I am going tyo spend my hard earned dollars to folks who think like I do period!
    There has been discussion about post office here before. In UT the state says post office are not off limits nor is K-12. There was also discussion about the Post Office not being Federal property. Some even say you can't have a firearm locked in your car in the parking lot. I'm really not sure how any of that would play out in court. If local, county, and state refuses to arrest and say it's legal, who would arrest? I don't see too many FBI, US MARshall. hanging out at the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by adclose View Post
    here in TX the laws require a very specific sign that almost no stores actually put up. The simple gun buster sign or "no guns allowed" I pretty much consider that a non sign. The rest of the time I have a small gun safe chained to one of the legs of my truck seat. never take off my holster
    I agree. I think of those signs stating "No Guns Allowed", must refer to unlicensed individuals or the bad guys. Either way, I just ignore them unless it's the 30.06 sign and I've seen a handful, usually on city properties.
    "...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Luke 22:36 King James Version

I dont shop at stores that have a sign.As for the post office,i got a mailbox in the yard.

Avoid any places that guns aren't allowed. Lockbox in car bolted securely as best as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links