ccw when place has no gun sign?

This is a discussion on ccw when place has no gun sign? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; when you are carring your pistol to a place that has no gun sign what do you do with your pistol, do you put it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ccw when place has no gun sign?

ccw when place has no gun sign?

when you are carring your pistol to a place that has no gun sign what do you do with your pistol, do you put it under the seat or glove box? do you have to unload it? do u take the holster off to? thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. My Toyota 4Runner has a hidden compartment in the glove box, it gets locked up in there and I keep my holster on.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.

Here is a link to an inexpensive little "safe" that works pretty good in your car/truck.:

In Car Gun Lockers

I don't leave my gun in my truck unattended for very long--just to run into a restaurant or store that is posted. I try to avoid places I can't carry, but sometimes it is unavoidable and a safe like this works pretty well. Some gun stores carry them if you don't want to order online.
    joker1, NCSoxFan and shyguy122577 like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Obey the sign.
    Motto of the Lance Nuclear Missile System: :Nuke em till they glow, then shoot them in the dark!

Fortunately in Missouri, it isn't a crime if you enter a place which has a sign posted. If I happen to notice a posted place I won't spend my money there. But to be honest, I don't usually look for any signs either.

If a place doesn't want my money, I'll certainly accommodate them by going elsewhere if I notice their gun buster sign, but if I don't see the sign, I don't sweat it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Fortunately in Missouri, it isn't a crime if you enter a place which has a sign posted. If I happen to notice a posted place I won't spend my money there. But to be honest, I don't usually look for any signs either.

If a place doesn't want my money, I'll certainly accommodate them by going elsewhere if I notice their gun buster sign, but if I don't see the sign, I don't sweat it.
    Unfortunately, for those of us in Ohio, it is a crime. The signs do have the force of law and we have to obey them. I have changed my shopping habits greatly in the past couple plus years I have been carrying and generally avoid places that don't want my business. But there are some places that I have to go, like my doctor (who by the way is pro-gun and wants to get his own carry permit), a federal installation, city and county buildings, etc., where I can't carry and must lock it up in the truck or leave it at home.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.

Here is a link to an inexpensive little "safe" that works pretty good in your car/truck.:

In Car Gun Lockers

I don't leave my gun in my truck unattended for very long--just to run into a restaurant or store that is posted. I try to avoid places I can't carry, but sometimes it is unavoidable and a safe like this works pretty well. Some gun stores carry them if you don't want to order online.
    This, except welcome from Kansas!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Welcome to the forum. My Toyota 4Runner has a hidden compartment in the glove box, it gets locked up in there and I keep my holster on.
    I never even thought about using that for my gun...I normally just keep all my important papers in there.

I'm with Bark'N. I watch where I go but do agree some are just non avoidable like the post office. I just put the gun under the seat and lock the doors. Its a pain, but I do believe you should follow the laws even if you don't agree with them. I also keep my holster on as it is not a firearm so the sign does not apply to it.

I have COM safes in all of my vehicles, that's where mine goes. I also leave it loaded.
    MadMac likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

What sign? I didn't see any sign.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

None of these concerns concern us here in Jersey...where CCW/CCP's are unattainable.
    But welcome to DC!
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Know your state's gun laws...follow them!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

here in TX the laws require a very specific sign that almost no stores actually put up. The simple gun buster sign or "no guns allowed" I pretty much consider that a non sign. The rest of the time I have a small gun safe chained to one of the legs of my truck seat. never take off my holster
    G20 / G29

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links