Ayoob's Tips On How To Handle A Traffic Stop (Video)

Ayoob's Tips On How To Handle A Traffic Stop (Video)

This is a discussion on Ayoob's Tips On How To Handle A Traffic Stop (Video) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tips When Stopped By Police | Guns & Ammo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ayoob's Tips On How To Handle A Traffic Stop (Video)

VIP Member

Lightbulb Ayoob's Tips On How To Handle A Traffic Stop (Video)

red13, thephanatik and Hiker1911 like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Good information!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Another good video, thanks!
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Now an ethical question...

Say you live in a state that has OC except in limited areas, you are OC'ing at the time of the traffic stop [in a no OC area] and the officer asks you to get out of the car. Technically the officer is putting you in violation of the law.

I've heard of stranger citations being issued.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Thanks for posting the link. Good video and info to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Now an ethical question...

Say you live in a state that has OC except in limited areas, you are OC'ing at the time of the traffic stop [in a no OC area] and the officer asks you to get out of the car. Technically the officer is putting you in violation of the law.

I've heard of stranger citations being issued.
    If following a lawful order by LE puts you in violation, the responsibility for the violation lies with him not you.

Good info, but a number of good things left out.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    I think I learned from it not to say the G word.

Good info but a little misinformation as well. He stated that AZ is a must notify state. AZ is NOT a must notify state, even though notification might be a good idea, it is not required by our state law.

YMMV

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Absolutely agree with nn. If I learned anything it is NOT to say the "G" word. The rest of the video, IMO, is absolute common sense even if there are forum members who have to have it their way when it comes to their famous "constitutional rights". I understand their point of view to a point but I also understand that this other person you are interracting with is an LEO who wants to be as safe as you are and he does not know you at all and pulled you over for something you either did or he believes you did that violates some law or accepted practice on the road. He is in control, IMO, no matter how innocent you think you are and how wrong you think he was. I just do not get this uncalled for "high and mighty" attitude that I have seen written on this forum on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
    Good info but a little misinformation as well. He stated that AZ is a must notify state. AZ is NOT a must notify state, even though notification might be a good idea, it is not required by our state law.

YMMV
    I picked up on that as well... in AZ we only have to announce we're carrying if specifically asked by the officer.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Am I the only one who gets asked, "do you have any weapons on you or in the car that I should know about?" Even before the request for lic & reg it is the first thing out of the LEO's mouth.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Well done! And good post, too.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

This is the same information I have been teaching in my classes since we started. The words "I have a gun", should never come out of ones mouth whether at a traffic stop or at the airport when declaring things that are in your luggage or any time else for that matter.

This stuff really is common sense when you sit and thing about it for a minute or two.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Pennsylvania here.

We are Not required to inform LEO we have a weapon UNLESS ASKED.

A couple months ago I got a speeding ticket. I was carrying. Trooper didn't ask , I didn't tell
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

This weekend was the first time that I have been pulled over since I received my CHL last year. I was driving my Mom in her S-Class Mercedes, the limit had just dropped from 70 to 60, & I was slowing down, but still speeding. The car doesn't have a front license plate (a stupid law IMO.) When the Highway Patrol officer asked for my license, I gave him my CHL as required in Texas. He asked who owned the car & my Mom spoke up. I could tell pretty quickly that I wasn't going to get a ticket because he didn't ask for proof of insurance. He took my licenses I said he was going to check for warrants. He came back with the warning for speeding & no front plate along with my licenses. No comments were made about whether or not I had a firearm by any of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links