New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

This is a discussion on New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CowboyColby The one I saw was of the .380 caliber. I don't know much about sigs Like this?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    The one I saw was of the .380 caliber. I don't know much about sigs
    Like this?

2. Remove Ads

My dealer advised me that he has two of the (baby Sigs) on order. One in the Nitron (black) finish, and the other in the reverse two-tone, with stainless slide. These pistols are about the same size as the Kimber Ultras. The Sigs have a 3.3 inch barrel.
    I almost put some money down, but he has no idea when they will arrive, and somehow he always talks me out of a 3 inch 1911 (function -reliability).... so I bought an HK 45C ....

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Might think about waiting a bit, 3 years ago I think, I bought one of the first Sig C3's, Officer's grip frame & commander barrel aluminum frame Sooooo sweet to carry.........BUT constant ftf stovepipes double feeds. Sent it back twice. Sig was great about it picked up the shiping both returns in under a week ( put over 900 rounds of factory hardball with 6 different magazines before I sent it back).

The darnend thing kept jamming & cracked 3 different barrel bushings, yeah all sig all mim. Seemed to me the geometry between the frame & the slide was somehow off. Whatever the case I got rid of the problem child & to bad too what a great carry piece it could have been.

Not trashing SIG , people say the bugs are worked out now. But sometimes new model guns motorcycles,cars toasters,or whatever that comes of an assy. line can develop problems once full production begins. I have a 36 year background in aero space & have seen this happen more than what It should.

Now when I see a new model whatever I try to wait a couple of years before rushing out & buying one.

Well I "kind of try".

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    JD it was smaller let me see if i can find a picture of one. But I doubt I'll know how to post it on here

Edit: I just called my LGS and he said it was a 238 the picture that you have looks bigger but I guess they are the same. I really like that gun wish I had the funds to afford it.

Unhappy Ultra Compact 1911's

I've had the Commander (4 inch) 1911's numerous times, and had no function or reliabilty issues, but I have always been curious how a 3 inch 1911 would perform. I know they would be great to carry, but if function issues arise, what good is a .45 that won't fire......
    Some Kimber owners love them ... but I guess I'll wait (again). You know how it is .... like a ich you can't scratch. Must be gun thing ....

I used to have a Kimber CDP Ultra II, it worked great with Wilson mags. I liked it a lot. That said, I eventually traded it on a old Kimber Elite Carry (4'' compact, basically a CDP series before they had CDP). That was mostly because I wanted a "Series I" Kimber and I like the extra length in the slide with the Officer's grip. That thing shoots like a dream but the night sights are long burned out. I would be interested to learn how the short Sig 1911's do.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Stop!
    Go the the Sigarms web site and select pistols then 1911.
    Yes, they have a new model called the 1911 ultra.
    Looks a lot like my Springfield Micro Compact.
    $1100 MSRP........none on gunbroker yet.
    3.3" barrel, two tone, rosewood grips.

sss.jpg

Probably not one in my future since my S/A fills that niche' pretty well.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sig225 View Post
    I've had the Commander (4 inch) 1911's numerous times, and had no function or reliabilty issues, but I have always been curious how a 3 inch 1911 would perform. I know they would be great to carry, but if function issues arise, what good is a .45 that won't fire......
    Some Kimber owners love them ... but I guess I'll wait (again). You know how it is .... like a ich you can't scratch. Must be gun thing ....
    The barrel on the new SIG is 3.3 inches , that and the External Extractor might just make it reliable.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

The thing I see with Sigs is that the MSRP versus the mom & pop gun shop prices have definite disparity. Cool looking weapon & I really like Sigs but if I ever get another 1911 aside from my Colt Commander it will likely be a Kimber or S&W 3".
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Here's the Link: 1911 Ultra Two-Tone

I agree that the most of the P series are great guns - although I am not a fan of the p290.
    The little p238 is a GREAT little pocket pistol -

I've been looking for a 1911 for a while - although a discreet carry 1911 in a 9MM would be really nice.
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Like this?

Very Nice!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    JD it was smaller let me see if i can find a picture of one. But I doubt I'll know how to post it on here

Edit: I just called my LGS and he said it was a 238 the picture that you have looks bigger but I guess they are the same. I really like that gun wish I had the funds to afford it.
    They're the same, it's just the absence of scale.

The 238 is the same size as the Mustang pictured here:

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigsi Paige View Post
    Very Nice!
    Thank you.

Any range reports on the Sig Ultra 1911 ?
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Sigsi Paige View Post
    Any range reports on the Sig Ultra 1911 ?
    I haven't seen any for sale.
    None on Gunbroker, none on Bud's.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links