New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

This is a discussion on New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really like those pistols. A quality firearm you can pocket carry easily is hard to find around here....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I really like those pistols. A quality firearm you can pocket carry easily is hard to find around here.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    I really like those pistols. A quality firearm you can pocket carry easily is hard to find around here.
    Due to the C&L nature of the gun they aren't the best choice for pocket carry as the hammer channel of the slide can be obsrtucted and possibly prevent the hammer from striking the firing pin.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Thanks didn't think of that

JD
    Administrator
    Not saying it can't be done but if I were to carry a gun in the pocket it probably wouldn't be one of these. If one chooses to pocket carry a Mustang or 238 the need to ne very proactive in keeping their pocket free of debris etc.

I've had nothing but success with my sig C3 in .45 with 4.25in barrel but I really like the looks of this new ultra. I have lusted over SA's EMP. I think Sig could bring a 9mm version of the 1911 ultra to market and give the emp a run for its money. Sig's C3 had more features at a lower price than any other commander sized 1911 I could find. Great carry piece.

The pistol Pak Ultras same size. SIGS has a 3.3 inch barrel. I almost put some money, but he did not know when they will arrive, somehow, he always talks me a 3-inch 1911...
    Choose the high quality Genuine leather wedges sandals will be fashion. If you care about yours feeet, you should choose true Purple leather High Heel Sandals and those really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Due to the C&L nature of the gun they aren't the best choice for pocket carry as the hammer channel of the slide can be obsrtucted and possibly prevent the hammer from striking the firing pin.

It appears that Sig will be offering a P938 - a 9mm option of the p238.
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpoll View Post
    I've had nothing but success with my sig C3 in .45 with 4.25in barrel but I really like the looks of this new ultra. I have lusted over SA's EMP. I think Sig could bring a 9mm version of the 1911 ultra to market and give the emp a run for its money. Sig's C3 had more features at a lower price than any other commander sized 1911 I could find. Great carry piece.
    Have you had the opportunity to compare the two (C3 vs. Ultra).
    It appears that Sig also makes a Tacops carry version - now that would be a lot of pistol for the money!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Eurokimber?
    I just caught that...

That's wrong...

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigsi Paige View Post
    It appears that Sig will be offering a P938 - a 9mm option of the p238.
    Wow. I hope so. I'd love a very slightly bigger version of the P238 in 9mm. I hope they make it just big enough for 9mmP and don't add the meat needed for .40 S&W.

I have a G26, wife has a P238, I have an LCP. There are times when my wife is staying at home that I pack the P238 becaise I shoot it so much better than I shoot the LCP. I'd love a 9mm version of it. I'm speculating it should be what the Solo tried to be - SA micro-9 smaller than the small Kahr 9mm offerings. So I practice with gloves on. It should have an excellent trigger, excellent night sights standard, and with the experience of the P238 to build on it has a good chance of being reliable right out of the box. Time will tell ... but it's fun to dream a little.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Beautiful isn't it?
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Could an ultra compact really be considered a 1911 ?

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Could an ultra compact really be considered a 1911 ?
    I don't know. There has been at least one really small .380 version of the 1911 which were dimensionally scaled true 1911 mechanism designs - it was made by Llama. Grip safety, the whole 9 yards. My late friend Steve had one. 3lb SA trigger pull. Really cute little pistol. Very pleasant to shoot as well.

The P238, a licensed copy of the Colt Mustang, really isn't a true 1911, but it has a lot in common with one in terms of breech locking, exposed hammer, single action trigger, safety, and style. It's more like a 1911 than anything else but it does not have a grip safety.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Whole not an authentic 1911 - The p238 is a great little pistol.
    I believe reasons for pocket carry are also diffent than than other "carry" .

I also believe that There are trade offs at each frame/ level along the way.

What's most important to you ?
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Sigsi Paige View Post
    Whole not an authentic 1911 - The p238 is a great little pistol.
    I believe reasons for pocket carry are also diffent than than other "carry" .

I also believe that There are trade offs at each frame/ level along the way.

What's most important to you ?
    Reliability with commonly used defense ammo, concealability, good sights, easy to manipulate (easy to rack slide), .380ACP or larger cartridge. In addition to that the P238 can be loaded, unloaded, and cleared with the safety on which I regard as a big bonus safety feature. The fact that the P238 is so plesant to shoot was an unexpected huge feature. Practicing with it is fun. Practicing with my LCP? Not so much.

Fitch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links