New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911 - Page 4

New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

This is a discussion on New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you referring to the P250SC?...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

Are you referring to the P250SC?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky12 View Post
    Are you referring to the P250SC?
    You need to be more specific. There have been 3 different small SIG's mentioned. I don't think any of them are the P250.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Sig 1911 ultra

I just picked one up for $700 and am trying to get to the range Wed since it's half price and . So far I like the weight of the gun and size is similar to the
    Taurus PT 111 9mm I have been carrying for a couple years now. Hopefully this will shoot well if not I have a friend who wants it since I got it 1st and it was the only one they had. I wanted a Kimber but it was over $100 more. Will let you know how it shoots with regular range ammo and also going to test it with some of my JHP's.
    Last edited by ryanjm; January 9th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjm View Post
    I just picked one up for $700 and am trying to get to the range Wed since it's half price and . So far I like the weight of the gun and size is similar to the
    Taurus PT 111 9mm I have been carrying for a couple years now. Hopefully this will shoot well if not I have a friend who wants it since I got it 1st and it was the only one they had. I wanted a Kimber but it was over $100 more. Will let you know how it shoots with regular range ammo and also going to test it with some of my JHP's.
    Yes, let us know!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Well finally got to shoot it today. No jams or issues with just over 100 rounds. Accuracy was good at 5 to 15 yds, think alot of the shots that weren't grouped perfect were due too my it being my 1st time shooting in almost a year and a new gun I wasn't used to since the other 2 were both 9mm's and my one 45 was a glock 21sf so this was different. Not used to a .45 in such a small gun but recoil wasn't as bad as expected.I used a box of 230gr PMC Bronze fmj and some 185 fmj my friend gave me not sure what brand since they were in just a small box he had gave me. Also mixed in a few of the Gold Dot 230gr Short barrel hollow poist I had bought to keep for personal defence to make sure they cycled without jamming. overall The gun was a good deal and I like it better than my friends Kimber since the Sig has a longer grip. Have to say happy I bought it rather than spending over $100 more on the same thing with another brand.

Thanks for the range report - sounds like you have a winner!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Hi Guys and Ladies, my wife and I are the proud owners of a new Sig Ultra Compact 45, got the 1911 bug last summer, have 4 now, always wanted a 3 inch to carry, had a Kimber, Para, and a Colt, so when I spotted this Sig I was a little afraid of getting another boner, I meen the others had mostly FTF and FTE issues, Para was the worst, but the kimber and colt were not a whole lot better, anyhow we traded two Glocks for it, and went at it with a bagfull of ammo, a mix of differant FMJ and hollow points, 230 rds with no cleaning or aditional oiling just kept pumping rds threw it, we had absolutluy no operational issues, we are really tickled to get a 3in that runs reliably, hope anybody else who gets one has as good luck as we did,

I have to say I really like it. Performed well at the range with fmj and hollow points. Also not to heavy to carry easily. I have a Galaco style belt holster. Plan to get a king tuck style iwb holster for it. I plan to pick up a Ket tec PF9 for the summer. My friend just got one and it has small grip so not a great range gun I prefer a larger grip but it is accurate fed well, and is ulktra light, small and easy to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketgeezer View Post
    ...we are really tickled to get a 3in that runs reliably, hope anybody else who gets one has as good luck as we did,
    Congratulations!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

I, too, recently added a Sig Ultra Compact 1911 to my collection, and so far, it has had only two FTEs — both while my 15-year-old son was shooting the gun. It runs flawlessly for me, and once I had him really tighten his grip on the diminutive grip, he didn't have any more problems. As a former Kimber Ultra Carry owner, I can say that the little Sig .45 blows my old Kimber out of the water in terms of accuracy, reliability, features (like checkered front strap and standard night sights), and price.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

VIP Member
    Wow... A 3" 1911 that seems (from a few early reports) to work? From Sig?!? This is too many un-likelihoods in one post for my brain to handle...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Wow... A 3" 1911 that seems (from a few early reports) to work? From Sig?!? This is too many un-likelihoods in one post for my brain to handle...
    Believe it! What's more, you don't need a little piece of bent wire (like the Kimber Ultra Carry) or a very un-handy and easy-to-lose plastic spacer (Springfield Champion and Compact) to take it apart. It's a brilliant system, and takes down just like a Glock.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRay View Post
    I, too, recently added a Sig Ultra Compact 1911 to my collection, and so far, it has had only two FTEs — both while my 15-year-old son was shooting the gun. It runs flawlessly for me, and once I had him really tighten his grip on the diminutive grip, he didn't have any more problems. As a former Kimber Ultra Carry owner, I can say that the little Sig .45 blows my old Kimber out of the water in terms of accuracy, reliability, features (like checkered front strap and standard night sights), and price.
    Good to see back around and posting. Looking forward to maybe getting a chance to check out that Sig. Hope all is well with you and yours. Been wondering how you've been doing.

mkh
    I just picked up one in two-tone today. Beautiful gun and smooth as silk. I'll try to get to the range tomorrow but I leave Sunday on a business trip so it may have to wait until next weekend. Bummed about the wait but happy to havhave the new 1911.

And technically it is a 3.3 inch barrel.

I just (a week ago) purchased the Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Compact in two tone. I've only put 100 rounds thru it but I LOVE IT! It's a great shooter. Comfortable, very accurate and 100% functioning reliablility with factory "hardball" ammo. Haven't tried hollowpoints yet. The only drawback is that nobody makes a holster for it yet. I modified an ankle holster and a belt holster from the Glock 27 I traded in. The Sig carries very well in an ankle holster. This one is gonna be a keeper, I think.

.45s Forever

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links