New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

This is a discussion on New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ryanjm I just picked one up for $700 and am trying to get to the range Wed since it's half price and ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Sig Sauer Pistol- Ultra Compact 1911

What store? For $700, I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjm View Post
    I just picked one up for $700 and am trying to get to the range Wed since it's half price and . So far I like the weight of the gun and size is similar to the
    Taurus PT 111 9mm I have been carrying for a couple years now. Hopefully this will shoot well if not I have a friend who wants it since I got it 1st and it was the only one they had. I wanted a Kimber but it was over $100 more. Will let you know how it shoots with regular range ammo and also going to test it with some of my JHP's.
    Hey bro, I think that's a great price for a Sig 1911 Ultra Compact. You mind sharing the gunstore info. For that price, I'd be intrested, too. I have the full size Sig 1911 SS with rail. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

If you're from California, you may have a very hard time getting hold of one legally as they're not (yet, at least) on the California certified list. That means no California FFL will carry it or import it into the state, and no outside FFL will ship it to California. I've got my eye on one as well, but it might be a long wait.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    how about the P938 but its a 9mm

Just picked up both a p238 and Ultra 1911 a couple days ago! Already had the 226. 3sigs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot View Post
    If you're from California, you may have a very hard time getting hold of one legally as they're not (yet, at least) on the California certified list. That means no California FFL will carry it or import it into the state, and no outside FFL will ship it to California. I've got my eye on one as well, but it might be a long wait.
    We have a local FFL that deals with LE, so shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arigatou View Post
    I really like to see this new super. I've become the SA electromagnetic pulse. I think the signal can make 9mm versions of the1911 super market, to the electromagnetic pulse operation of money.
    Ummmm.... I'll smoke what he's smoking
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhcmlc View Post
    Ummmm.... I'll smoke what he's smoking
    I'd skip the tin hat with antennas though ...

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

My dad owns a Sig Ultra 1911. I've shot it a bit. Feels good in the hand. Fit and finish are nice, it's a beautiful gun. The checkering is aggressive and really locks to your hand when shooting. The trigger is okay, not great. To me, it has a tiny bit of gritty creep/take up and then pow. I'm used to the long, smooth pull of the HK LEM trigger though, so YMMV. It shoots very accurately and so far (under 1000 rounds) has not had any issues feeding, firing, or ejecting (though the ejection pattern seems inconsistent, changing from throwing casings at 2-3 o'clock and 5-6 o'clock).

However, it does have an issue with the slide not locking back and magazines not ejecting properly because the mag follower gets caught by the slide stop lever. Tried multiple new mags and some other "fixes" but couldn't rectify the behavior. It's going back to SIG for some work.

Quote Originally Posted by tclance View Post
    Looks like Springfield EMP
    But it's a .45.
    Looks exactly like my Springfield Micro.

Quote Originally Posted by 45sForever View Post
    I just (a week ago) purchased the Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Compact in two tone. I've only put 100 rounds thru it but I LOVE IT! It's a great shooter. Comfortable, very accurate and 100% functioning reliablility with factory "hardball" ammo. Haven't tried hollowpoints yet. The only drawback is that nobody makes a holster for it yet. I modified an ankle holster and a belt holster from the Glock 27 I traded in. The Sig carries very well in an ankle holster. This one is gonna be a keeper, I think.

.45s Forever
    Alessi will on request.

Alessi Gun Holsters

Hey Guys.I just wanted to say that I picked up a Sig Ultra .45 Two Tone yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.So far it "feels" good.I hope that mine performs as well as you say yours do.

I have had my Ultra for about a year. I chose the Nitron. It has been reliable and accurate for about 750 rds already. Not one gliche or hangup. I have owned several three inch 45s and this gun is absolutely the best you can get for the money, given all the goodies that are included in the price. Checkering, night sights, etc, This is a good value, other manufacturers charge 300 more for the same "standard" equipment!
    Sigsi Paige likes this.

I, also, recently got the Sig Ultra Nitron.
    Website MSRP showed it for $1449 and I was able to get it for considerably less.
    Feels good in the hand, operates flawlessly, shoots like a dream and I like it.
    I've found that it takes any of the compact seven-round magazines available from Kimber, Chip McCormick, etc.
    Am thinking of getting some short bushings and slim grips to make it just a little narrower.
    Another concealment modification could possibly be to "bob" the back corner of the grip just a little.
    Overall - nice gun with lots of possibilities. Mine is a keeper.

Rilowe

I checked out the 239. More like the 238 than a 1911.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links