Why you have to carry EVERY day: My incident tonight. - Page 2

Why you have to carry EVERY day: My incident tonight.

This is a discussion on Why you have to carry EVERY day: My incident tonight. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. Just like being on my motorcycle. ATGATT= All ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why you have to carry EVERY day: My incident tonight.

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array SARR001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Look at my login
    Posts
    814
    I would rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
    Just like being on my motorcycle. ATGATT= All The Gear.All The Time.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne


  2. #17
    Senior Member Array youngda9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    746
    So why didn't you have it on you? If you can't take it to class, leave in car and holster back up when you get in the car.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

  3. #18
    Member Array rolltide13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post

    roll tide!!!!
    roll tide

    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    So why didn't you have it on you? If you can't take it to class, leave in car and holster back up when you get in the car.
    i did have it on me, and a reload.

  4. #19
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Could have been bad.

  5. #20
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    As Clint Smith says... "Carrying a gun should be comforting, not necessarily comfortable." Glad you were armed.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,058
    Suggestion - With a big piece of metal sticking out of your tire, the tire was already ruined. KEEP DRIVING until you get to a well lit, secure area with other people around.

    A tire and/or a wheel can be replaced. You cannot. You put yourself at risk because you felt "safer" because you were armed. That is entirely the wrong attitude. Just because you are armed does not mean you take unnecessary risks.

    You'd perhaps be surprised how far you can drive (slowly) on a rim.

    JMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

  7. #22
    Member Array supv26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Suggestion - With a big piece of metal sticking out of your tire, the tire was already ruined. KEEP DRIVING until you get to a well lit, secure area with other people around.

    A tire and/or a wheel can be replaced. You cannot. You put yourself at risk because you felt "safer" because you were armed. That is entirely the wrong attitude. Just because you are armed does not mean you take unnecessary risks.

    You'd perhaps be surprised how far you can drive (slowly) on a rim.

    JMHO.
    I've watched COPS and seen how far they can drive FAST on a rim LOL!!!!
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

  8. #23
    Member Array rolltide13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Suggestion - With a big piece of metal sticking out of your tire, the tire was already ruined. KEEP DRIVING until you get to a well lit, secure area with other people around.

    A tire and/or a wheel can be replaced. You cannot. You put yourself at risk because you felt "safer" because you were armed. That is entirely the wrong attitude. Just because you are armed does not mean you take unnecessary risks.

    You'd perhaps be surprised how far you can drive (slowly) on a rim.

    JMHO.
    this is exactly what i did. i drove to the main road in the area where there are streetlights to actually change my tire, i wasnt about to stop where i felt it going flat.

    As always when i go out there at night i was carrying my G23 and a reload in a crossbreed quiktuck
    And so as im driving along the back end gets loose and what do you know i have a serious flat, not a leak a flat. there is a 1x3" piece of metal sticking out of my tire. so i slow down and drive closer to the main road in the area where it is a bit more lighted b/c i wasnt about to stop in the pitch black where i was


    please actually read my post before assuming im an idiot.
    i probably know more about tires/wheels than you do considering i worked in a shop for quite some time.
    1 gun 1 reload 1 knife
    If 27 .40cal Hornady Critical Defense cant save me, only God can.

  9. #24
    Ex Member Array MadMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,095
    Wow - and my post was pulled......

    If you drive an appreciable distance each year, it's a good idea to get AAA. I give a AAA membership to my wife and each of my adult kids each year as a Christmas gift. It's for their safety. I have AAA, too.

    I can sit safely in my car and let the tow truck guy fix flats, bring me gas, or tow my car. I don't do any roadside repairs for safety reasons. However, I am much more concerned about being struck by another motorist than I am about being jacked up by a hoodlum.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,058
    OP - Sorry, tone does not come through in the written word too well. I never meant to imply you were an "idiot."

    From your original post:

    "so i end up getting my tire changed and making it back home unscathed but in the 30 min of so i was stopped i had 5 different individuals approach me while laying/sitting on the ground. any one of them could have easily taken advantage of my situation. and the best part about it? not a single leo drove by."

    This tells me that the area you drove to was not as secure as you perhaps had hoped for. Hence my advice that you perhaps should have kept driving. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

    "not 5 min down the road the area is crawling with cops and im by myself on the wrong side of town at 9 o clock at night."

    Again, seems to indicate that you didn't drive to a very secure area before deciding to change your flat tire.

    "had i not been carrying i probably would have been pretty damn uneasy the entire time, if not called the police to come hang out while i changed the tire. but the feeling of security i have when im armed put my nerves at ease"

    This statement indicates that the fact that you were armed "put you at ease" in an otherwise risky situation. That is the improper attitude I was referring to. In fact, being armed means that we should do all we can to ensure that we never put ourselves needlessly into a situation where we might need to actually use our sidearm.

    Sorry you took my post the wrong way. Glad you posted though - good food for thought.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; April 21st, 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: italics
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

  11. #26
    Member Array JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Keisukekun View Post
    Not sure about Alabama but I believe in Florida you can keep your gun secured in your car and teh law states thats your car is your property and you can keep a gun in there secured and teh right cant be taken by and employer or whatever. However it has to be secured when you drive onto campus you cant park then take your gun off and put it in teh glove box
    I hope you aren't doing that now because you don't want to find out the hard way that you're wrong.

  12. #27
    Member Array The Dark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I hope you aren't doing that now because you don't want to find out the hard way that you're wrong.
    I was waiting for someone to say that...in Florida the law allows for the prohibition of firearms on campus anywhere - including your car.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

  13. #28
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,631
    "any one of them could have easily taken advantage of my situation."

    But they didn't... I hope that class you're taking is about capitalization and punctuation.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  14. #29
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,631
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say that...in Florida the law allows for the prohibition of firearms on campus anywhere - including your car.
    Reference:
    FS 790.06 Prohibited places:

    (12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into... any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile...

    There was a bill under review for allowing campus firearm carrying (attached to the OC bill), but last I heard was that part was dropped.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

carry conceal incidents
,
ccw incidents in pa
,
colorado concealed carry incidents
,
conceal carry incedents
,
conceal carry incidents
,
concealed carry every day
,

concealed carry incidents

,
do you ccw every day
,
every day concealed carry
,
learning how to conceal carry every day
,

my first concealed carry incident

,
why i carry everyday
Click on a term to search for related topics.