Well this is a load of crap.

This is a discussion on Well this is a load of crap. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with the previous posters about this being an issue. Thankfully my state doesn't publish names of CCW Holders. I agree with the OP ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Well this is a load of crap.

I agree with the previous posters about this being an issue. Thankfully my state doesn't publish names of CCW Holders. I agree with the OP saying it's a treasure to steal guns. I don't look at the stealing of guns as the main issue. Since they published the people's names, anyone can access people's info via public records. Gun safe's are useless unless you're being robbed when you're away from home. Would you keep your HD Gun in a locked safe when you're at home? Also, the BG can get access to the CCW Holders public records and then they can prepare their attack accordingly (knowing there are guns are in the house).
    I believe in Democracy but I'm not a Democrat
    I believe in Liberty but I'm not a Liberal
    I believe in Guns but I don't believe in Gun Violence

2. Remove Ads

They dont call them the "LIBERAL" media for nothing folks.
    TN_Mike and mdmorgan like this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by KWAG View Post
    Yep. My wife and I used to be on that list. Then we moved to Indiana. I hated it when that list was published.

haven't seen anything like that up here so far.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine O Four View Post
    I agree with the previous posters about this being an issue. Thankfully my state doesn't publish names of CCW Holders. I agree with the OP saying it's a treasure to steal guns. I don't look at the stealing of guns as the main issue. Since they published the people's names, anyone can access people's info via public records. Gun safe's are useless unless you're being robbed when you're away from home. Would you keep your HD Gun in a locked safe when you're at home? Also, the BG can get access to the CCW Holders public records and then they can prepare their attack accordingly (knowing there are guns are in the house).
    No, nor would I keep it laying around either, that's what belts and holsters are for. In the event of a home invasion do you think you'll be able to reach whatever room the gun is in in time?

I am not worried about being robbed when I am home, my dog flips out if someone walks on my grass and I am ALWAYS armed. It is when I am not home that worries me. bad guys check the lise, drive by the house, see nobody is home and proceede to rob me of my "other" guns. I don't "normally" carry a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    In the event of a home invasion do you think you'll be able to reach whatever room the gun is in in time?
    I don't keep my gun "in a room", it's always within arm's reach. I asked a question to make a statement about the why would anyone keep a HD gun in a locked safe when they're at home.

JD
    Administrator
    I don't keep my gun "in a room", it's always within arm's reach. I asked a question to make a statement about the why would anyone keep a HD gun in a locked safe when they're at home.
    People with small children often do. We have a two year old so we can't just have them "at arms reach" as we used to, I choose to try and keep it on my person as much as possible. We still have a few spots that are out of reach of small hands, but not for long.

Some feel that they don't need to carry while at home and have kids, therefore they secure their arms under the belief that they will have time to access them in a time of need.

If I recall correctly there was an attempt to enact legislation that would make permit holder information not available to the public but it did not make it through. As it stands right now all you have to do is walk into the Sheriff's office and request the list, costs $5 in my county so this doesn't really bother me all that much other than the principal behind it. The information is public record and until we get it changed the medial will continue to do this silly crap, it serves no purpose what so ever. They've done it before, and they'll probably do it again. All I can say is that if any Polk Co. permit holder's house is ever burglarized, the paper might have a legal mess on their hands.

That being said, I'd still like to get the author's address and deliver a flaming bag of pooh to his door step.
    Better still, get the name and address of all the newspaper's editorial staff and list them here and any other pro-2A web sites and invite others to contact them. Turnabout is fair play.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

People with small children often do. We have a two year old so we can't just have them "at arms reach" as we used to, I choose to try and keep it on my person as much as possible. We still have a few spots that are out of reach of small hands, but not for long.

Some feel that they don't need to carry while at home and have kids, therefore they secure their arms under the belief that they will have time to access them in a time of need.
    yeah, I get your point. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that situation since I don't have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Better still, get the name and address of all the newspaper's editorial staff and list them here and any other pro-2A web sites and invite others to contact them. Turnabout is fair play.
    Already found the publishers address, thinking about how I want to play this. I am thingking about taking an ad out in the Des Moines register.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    Already found the publishers address, thinking about how I want to play this. I am thingking about taking an ad out in the Des Moines register.
    OP, if you do that keep us updated. I'm totally against newspaper's giving out people's information like that.

OP, if you do that keep us updated. I'm totally against newspaper's giving out people's information like that.
    I am also maybe thinking about making a facebook "fan" page.

* It's "illegal" for "anyone " to divulge who has a CC license in our state. You could be fined and / or go to jail / prison for awhile. No LEO, clerk, person at the Driver License bureau processing the license... NO ONE .
    * It's good to know that many people are now excersing their right to carry, and it's a total shame to think the old system of Sheriff discretion was stopping that many people of exercising that right. WOW ! ! ! !
    * They JUST woke up ! ! ! LOL. Lots of people want to carry and not be a victim, taking their welfare into their own hands.
    * I hope someone sues the County and the State for violating their privacy.

I think it's a great idea to publish every single address, etc. of all of the top people of that newspaper that published the names. Fair disclosure, is fair disclosure. I'm betting they wouldn't like the idea.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

this is a violation of privacy. period. I hope everyone on that list files a lawsuit. This makes me so angry. I have never actually seen a case where they have published the names before....it has been talked about but this is the first time I have seen it. Honestly, if they are allowed to get away with this then what's next? I encourage anyone on this forum in Iowa to call you representatives and get on this ASAP! even if you aren't in Iowa, as an American citizen we should all still be sending our letters/phone calls/faxes. It is places like this website that can jam up an entire legislations phone lines, emails, etc with nothing but protests against this. That's the only way things will be addressed. Only way they will pick up this up on local news around the country. I am outraged.

**EDIT** In fact, as I sit here thinking about this, I bet there is at least one member here that is on that list. Think about it guys. It could be you.
    Last edited by Savage206; April 21st, 2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: content
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

[QUOTE=
    **EDIT** In fact, as I sit here thinking about this, I bet there is at least one member here that is on that list. Think about it guys. It could be you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is me, me and my wife. Not happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links