Well this is a load of crap.

This is a discussion on Well this is a load of crap. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yeah I just read your previous post. That's nuts man. I posted without reading the whole thread, it made me so mad. Good call on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Well this is a load of crap.

yeah I just read your previous post. That's nuts man. I posted without reading the whole thread, it made me so mad. Good call on the move. My grandparents are in Indiana and I am head to KY here soon.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

2. Remove Ads

I wonder if any of the 4 Curtis's Listed in the paper are related to to Mr Jerad Curtis who lives in the blue house at 123 rob me first street, and how they feel about what he did. Ad in the personals, an editorial or letter to the editor.
    Iowa residents have friends in government or getting all the counties on the same page would not have been possible. There are a lot of good reasons why these lists should not be made public, and many are already listed here. A letter to your friends, list included would not hurt.
    I feel your pain and good luck.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It is total malarkey and the fact that the names were published is pure hatefulness and it is disrespectful. I don't care if it is so called "public record" that does not make the fact that they can legally publish it the right thing to do.

It is irresponsible,reckless and downright immoral.

But I am sure that the liberal ones in command don't see it as such, someone needs to publish the personal information of the people that agreed to it...and then listen to them squall like mashed cats.

Turn abouts is fair play right? You fight fire with fire.

I'm sure that if every gun owner who's name was published made life miserable for the scum that published it, they might think twice about doing it again.
    Some papers here in South Dakota used to do this, too. The state legislature finally outlawed it.

In a similar vein, I had a problem with the local liberal rag tossing a "free" local newspaper on my driveway once a week. My wife and i travel frequently, and don't want a soggy paper on the drive telling the local thieves we're out of town. I kept trying to get them to stop delivering it to no avail. They liked to publish the distribution statistics for their "free" paper to solicit advertisers.

I finally looked up on the city database the publisher listed on the inside front page. I called her at her home number one night. I explained how many times I had tried to get the paper stopped. Then I told her I had her address (I read it out loud to her), and said I would be dropping by with 30,000 copies of my free conspiracy newspaper and I'd happily leave them on her driveway next month if she couldn't stop delivery of my "free" paper.

I've never had one delivered since.

From the article...
    The number of applications is staggering.

Someone should print the names, addresses, and have pictures of all family members, their houses, and where they work...for any reporter, legislator, or individual pushing to release this information...see how they feel about publicity after that.

Florida put a stop to this kind of toro feces.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It is total malarkey and the fact that the names were published is pure hatefulness and it is disrespectful. I don't care if it is so called "public record" that does not make the fact that they can legally publish it the right thing to do.

It is irresponsible,reckless and downright immoral.

But I am sure that the liberal ones in command don't see it as such, someone needs to publish the personal information of the people that agreed to it...and then listen to them squall like mashed cats.

Turn abouts is fair play right? You fight fire with fire.

I'm sure that if every gun owner who's name was published made life miserable for the scum that published it, they might think twice about doing it again.
    Plus the county can't make any money off the $5 fees because the informations already been published.
    I don't see the list being used as a shopping directory for bad guys is that big a problem. I think most thieves would rather break into a house where they knew there were NO guns.
    I see more of a problem with employers or other people that are anti-gun now knowing who owns guns and using it against the gun owners.

All in all it's too bad they couldn't get the information surpressed. It would be great to get some personal information on the guy that wrote this article, like how much he makes, where he goes to church, and what school his kids go to and publish that. See how he likes it!

It has ALWAYS been that way here in Iowa. The CR Gazette posts the new and renewals for Linn and Johnson every month. The difference now is the new list is HUGE!!!!!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

I think the papers should publish a list of all unfaithful wives and loose teenage daughters. That way the rapists would know to break into the houses and assault only loose women and decent women would all be safe. Makes sense if you don't think too hard about it!

Liberal philosophy can solve so many problems!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The names of every licensed contractor, Doctor, nurse, etc. are public record. Why aren't they being published as well?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links