Well this is a load of crap.

This is a discussion on Well this is a load of crap. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cityview | Central Iowa's Independent Weekly | Cover Story What the hell....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Well this is a load of crap.

Methinks, this is a good time to let the barristers loose.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    what exactly bothers you? That they listed the names of everyone?

If I was a BG by profession, I think I would be moving my business out of Polk County!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

JD
    Administrator
    If I recall correctly there was an attempt to enact legislation that would make permit holder information not available to the public but it did not make it through. As it stands right now all you have to do is walk into the Sheriff's office and request the list, costs $5 in my county so this doesn't really bother me all that much other than the principal behind it. The information is public record and until we get it changed the medial will continue to do this silly crap, it serves no purpose what so ever. They've done it before, and they'll probably do it again. All I can say is that if any Polk Co. permit holder's house is ever burglarized, the paper might have a legal mess on their hands.

That being said, I'd still like to get the author's address and deliver a flaming bag of pooh to his door step.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    Sothern Iowa has had a rash of break ins where guns and only guns were taken. This is like a treasure map for anyone wanting to steal guns. Plus, it is just a liberal news paper trying to make life difficult for gun owners.

You had better believe that if it were to happen to me I would be in court so fast city view's head would spin.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    Sothern Iowa has had a rash of break ins where guns and only guns were taken. This is like a treasure map for anyone wanting to steal guns. Plus, it is just a liberal news paper trying to make life difficult for gun owners.
    We had some up near our way as well, mainly rural houses in the counties and the arms were unsecured.

JD
    Administrator
    I'll definitely be awaiting Sean's next piece if it has to do with this article.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    We had some up near our way as well, mainly rural houses in the counties and the arms were unsecured.
    I am not going to say it is a good idea to leave weapons unsecured, I find there to be something wrong with the idea that being in your locked house is "unsecured".
    CaveTroll and joker1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'll definitely be awaiting Sean's next piece if it has to do with this article.
    I will watch for it.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    I am not going to say it is a good idea to leave weapons unsecured, I find there to be something wrong with the idea that being in your locked house is "unsecured".
    True enough to some extent. It's a damn shame when you NEED to have your guns locked up in your own home but it is what it is. Response times to rural areas are long pending on many factors and "farm houses" are a pretty safe bet to have guns.

The crew operating around here has been picked up and the investigation is still pending. I don't know if it's the same guys down your way or not. Right now all the details are still being kept quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    It would certainly bother me. One scenario I can think of is perhaps you have interviewed for your dream job and the hiring manager is a rabid anti. One quick check and your resume goes in the round file. Employers check social media sites now with standard background checks, what would prevent them from checking your 2A status and using it against you. This plus what others have said on the criminal front. This amounts to a database for criminals to use when looking to steal firearms.

Fortunately in MI permit holders details are confidential and not subject to FOIA. Sounds like a few states need to look at securing their documents to protect their citizens a little better.

Senior Moderator
    It is total malarkey and the fact that the names were published is pure hatefulness and it is disrespectful. I don't care if it is so called "public record" that does not make the fact that they can legally publish it the right thing to do.

It is irresponsible,reckless and downright immoral.

But I am sure that the liberal ones in command don't see it as such, someone needs to publish the personal information of the people that agreed to it...and then listen to them squall like mashed cats.

Turn abouts is fair play right? You fight fire with fire.

I'm sure that if every gun owner who's name was published made life miserable for the scum that published it, they might think twice about doing it again.
    Freedom Doc likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links