Des Moines, Iowa paper

Des Moines, Iowa paper

This is a discussion on Des Moines, Iowa paper within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not long ago, the Des Moines City View newspaper thought it fit to publish the names of over 5,000 Polk County Iowa permit to carry ...

Thread: Des Moines, Iowa paper

Wink Des Moines, Iowa paper

Not long ago, the Des Moines City View newspaper thought it fit to publish the names of over 5,000 Polk County Iowa permit to carry weapons holders. In the interest of fairness I thought I would publish some information on the publisher and editor of City View. Shane Goodman lives at 8404 Barnham Drive Johnston, Iowa 50131-8754 with his wife Jolene. Their home is 2,268 sqft, and contains 2.5 bathrooms and a whirlpool. It was purchased for $245,000. Shane does not have a permit to carry weapons. His e-mail address is shane@dmcityview.com and his office phone number is 515-953-4822, ext. 305. I encourage you all to contact Shane, and to let him know how you feel about him throwing law abiding gun owners under the bus. Thank you.

VIP Member
    I played softball with Gov. Terry in 1982. He is a good guy but not a very good baseball player. Chet Culver is probably back living in West Des Moines, sorry Charley.

Iowa is really quirky about stuff like making no ones business everyones business.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Author of the Article:

Jared D Curtis
    818 S 16th St | Centerville, IA 52544
    (641) 437-1489

Facebook:
    Jared Curtis | Facebook

Just another reason I love living in a permit- less state. No database, no names, no one can ever find out a thing.

That is crap though, what was the papers reason for publishing the info?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Other than the reprehensible list of names, the article is not anti gun at all, just a discussion on the surge in permit applications and even quotes the Second Amendment. The site also has a large banner ad for firearms sales and CCW permit classes. Weird.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

It's a shame that the Register would try to piss off thousands of people. Minnesota has 80,000 permit holders, Iowa will too, and soon. I always ride RAGBRAI, which is sponsered by this newspaper. This year I'll free ride. I don't want to send money to the Register,unnecessarily, and I ride for free on the public road, and with a team that will take care of me. I don't need the wristband, but I always wanted to support the ride and it's sponser.

However, since they are willing to try to demonize folks, let's hasten their demise.

Mr. Goodman's home phone: (515) 334-9844

Darn it, they took my wiki post down!

Login | Facebook

My facebook "fan" group

Sponsored Links