Who has a MD cc permit?

This is a discussion on Who has a MD cc permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how difficult was it to get? they have a may issue policy to non residents and i will be living in PA and will be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a MD cc permit?

Who has a MD cc permit?

how difficult was it to get? they have a may issue policy to non residents and i will be living in PA and will be frequenting MD often when i go back north. can i get one or am i wasting my time?
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I say You got a better chance of winning the power ball. I hope I am wrong.

I think you need to make a significant monetary contribution to a successful politician; you buy one. Non-residents need not apply.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    how difficult was it to get? they have a may issue policy to non residents and i will be living in PA and will be frequenting MD often when i go back north. can i get one or am i wasting my time?
    Maryland is more accurately described as "won't issue". You need political connections, documented threats, etc. The average citizen is simply donating the fees to the State Police, who will happily accept your application, cash your check, and send you a denial letter.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    A snowball stands a better chance of surviving a day in hell, than the average Joe does of getting a MD permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

darn it. alright guys thanks
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Yeap. Good luck. I have a few LEO/Corrections friends who even laugh at the thought of trying to get one. CPO 15 hit the nail on the head with his reply.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    Pretty much! I don't ever recall even seeing a non-resident permit mentioned, and Maryland does NOT recognize any out of State permits ( or the 2A rights of most of it's in-State residents).

Later: I stand corrected, it appears an out of state person can apply the same way as an in state person, so like those of us that are in State, you have the same "snowballs chance in hell"!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

you can get a ccp if you are out of state. A guy i know has one. I don't know how he got it but he did. He works in really bad areas in baltimore and his company uses very expensive tools so take that for what its worth. I know you have to jump through hoops to get one, multiple interviews with the state police about why you need one, fill out several more forms basically trying to get you to say forget it. if you have a reason like carrying money say from your job to the bank its help too, this is how our tool man has one.

If your just a guy trying to get one, good luck.

MD does not issue permits to non residents. Residents either for that matter, Ask him to show it to you.

yes they do and i'll let you know wed how he got it when I talk to him.

keep us updated

I had one back in the late 70's but I had to have a PI license to get it. I am sure it is much more difficult now. I visit family there a couple times a year and carry because of HB-218 and my LEO status. What the people of the state of Maryland continually put up with election after election is beyond me. You can't even legally carry a Taser in Annapolis.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

There is no law that specifically prohibits it but as a matter of policy they don't do it unless there is some extenuating circumstance. Hell, they won't issue them to residents unless you are well connected politically. I'm curious how you get one being a non resident. Maybe a friend of the Governor?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBDaddy View Post
    yes they do and i'll let you know wed how he got it when I talk to him.
    So what did your friend tell you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links