need a reason to CCW?

This is a discussion on need a reason to CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a look at the woman being beaten nearly to death in a MacDonald's in Baltimore. It's a testament to our societal decay that the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sheepdog22
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: need a reason to CCW?

need a reason to CCW?

Have a look at the woman being beaten nearly to death in a MacDonald's in Baltimore. It's a testament to our societal decay that the employees walk around in the scene with no apparent concern for the victim's welfare. The thugs finally exit after being told that the police are on the way, leaving the victim bleeding and in a seizure. One elderly woman did try to offer help to no effect. I think a couple of rounds into the ceiling would have put a quick end to this pathetic display. Have a look on the Drudge Report.

Dave Gross

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d gross View Post
    Have a look at the woman being beaten nearly to death in a MacDonald's in Baltimore. It's a testament to our societal decay that the employees walk around in the scene with no apparent concern for the victim's welfare. The thugs finally exit after being told that the police are on the way, leaving the victim bleeding and in a seizure. One elderly woman did try to offer help to no effect. I think a couple of rounds into the ceiling would have put a quick end to this pathetic display. Have a look on the Drudge Report.

Dave Gross
    It also would put you in jail for reckless discharge of a firearm. Less than lethal options are what were called for in this situation. A gun is not the answer to every situation. You need to know when and what is appropriate force is justified. JMHO
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

No need for a firearm at that point, just some OC spray in each of their faces.
    Call 911 and stand by the victim to keep the dirtbags away. No if the dirtbags choose to attack a 911 caller...a 64 year old 911 caller, then perhaps stronger measures would be needed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dave Gross
    Dont be so quiet to judge on that report. If you dig deeper you will find out that the "victim" Chrissy Lee Polis is actually Christopher Lee Polis. Heres a quote from a better article: "The police report identifies the victim as 22-year-old Chrissy Lee Polis, who appears identical to Christopher Lee Polis, whose rap sheet includes convictions for disorderly conduct, property destruction, and prostitution, according to court records. The civil rights group Equality Maryland has identified the McDonald’s victim as a transgender woman."

And one more from the article, "Hackett contended that the woman seen getting beaten in the video was actually a man "dressed like a woman" who got into a confrontation with female patrons when he refused to leave the women’s bathroom at the Baltimore-area eatery. Hackett claimed that the victim faked a seizure and, when cops arrived at the restaurant, “he got right up.”

It seems like long story short the "victim" was actually a male that was waiting in the bathroom from women to come in. Here the article: Mcdonalds Brutal Beating

At about :28 seconds you can see his wig fall off and him struggle to keep it on through the rest of the video. At 1:30 you can see its definitely not a women. The seizure is a complete act. If you have ever seen a real seizure you should be able to tell its an act.
    TN_Mike likes this.

That tact may have worked on Gunsmoke but it would get you some real trouble in real life.

Please consider getting some legitimate training on self defense and the use of deadly force if you are currently a concealed handgun carrier.

As a rule of thumb, if shots are justified then center of mass should be the target, not the ceiling.

As said above, OC could very well be the defensive weapon of choice in this case. What choices of level of force do you have with you when you carry? That will determine what levels you should ever consider intervening in as a civilian. You don't have the authority to use levels of force above what you are threatened with and must meet force with like force as a general rule. Know what your state laws are concerning the use of deadly force and using deadly force in defense of others BEFORE you are in the situation to need that knowledge.

I also hope my post doesnt come off as I agree with this beating. No one should be brutally been in a 2-on-1 scenario.

I think a couple of rounds into the ceiling would have put a quick end to this pathetic display. Have a look on the Drudge Report.

Dave Gross
    I hope you were kidding with this response! If not, get some training and make sure you know the laws. This action goes a long way toward proving the anti-gun guys argument.
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Karma . . . it goes both directions.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This is what I meant when I stated on another thread that there are those among us who should NOT be carrying a firearm. Kudos to those quick to straighten that out and make it clear.
    Harryball likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Dave Gross
    Dave, do you actually carry a gun? If you do, please review the laws that govern carrying. That would not be a wise, nor I am sure, legal thing to do. Yes the girl was being beaten, and yes, the manager and others should have stepped in to stop it but shooting into the ceiling of the McDonald's was certainly not the correct response. OC spray, pepper spray, something more along those lines would be called for. Not a firearm.

And if I had happened to be there with my children, we would have exited and called 911 from somewhere safe. I'm sorry the girl got beaten, but I don't know what led up to that. It obviously went way too far no matter what the events that led up to the fight were but, I'm not a cop. Not my job to break up fights between thugs be they male or female.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Also, shooting the ceiling seems like a good wat to get shot by responding Officers.

Maybe just pick up a chair and start swinging?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I think everyone's hit this one on the head (so to speak). No warning shots warranted, no justification for deadly force, NO EXCUSE for the display of human depravity - the assailants and the POS filming it and the staff and Mc'D's manager. To the OP - I'll echo the comments about learning the laws and knowing when it's OK to use deadly force and when it's not.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I'd really have to question if using my firearm in this situation is the right course of action. Be a good witness, call 911, get to safety and call the the authorities and call the police. As much as I hate to see this happen, I'm not a cop nor am I trained to deal with a situation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    This is what I meant when I stated on another thread that there are those among us who should NOT be carrying a firearm. Kudos to those quick to straighten that out and make it clear.
    I am glad you said it. I agree 100% with you on this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links