DeSantis Holster Question

This is a discussion on DeSantis Holster Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine bought a DeSantis pocket holster. It has sticky bumps on the outside so that it won't come out of the pocket ...

Thread: DeSantis Holster Question

DeSantis Holster Question

A friend of mine bought a DeSantis pocket holster. It has sticky bumps on the outside so that it won't come out of the pocket as he draws his pistol. Fine. But it came with another piece that velcros onto the holster and is nothing but a big flap. It could be an attempt to break up the outline of the pistol, but it is so flimsy, I doubt that this is it's purpose.
    Anybody out there know for sure?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds like what he has id the DeSantis Super Fly. The extra piece is for what you are thinking, to further break up the profile of the gun if needed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    A friend of mine bought a DeSantis pocket holster. It has sticky bumps on the outside so that it won't come out of the pocket as he draws his pistol. Fine. But it came with another piece that velcros onto the holster and is nothing but a big flap. It could be an attempt to break up the outline of the pistol, but it is so flimsy, I doubt that this is it's purpose.
    Anybody out there know for sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sounds like what he has id the DeSantis Super Fly. The extra piece is for what you are thinking, to further break up the profile of the gun if needed.
    I have a Super Fly, the piece is to give the appearance of a wallet, velcro is to allow for right or left hand carry.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I have one but the flap is not flimsy. It hides the out line of my PM9, not perfect but very well. I also appendix carry once in a while with it also it is very secure and stays put. I carried it yesterday inside a jacket pocket. I would rate the holster a 9. My only question is how long the velcro will last. As I carry it both left and right handed.

I know some are worried about reholstering. I am not. If I pull it will be to use it and therefore the gun will be unloaded, slide locked back, waiting for law enforcement to arrive. If the gun is not used thee above still stands. So I can swear out a complaint.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Thanks guys...will forward this to Dave.

Links