Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS?

This is a discussion on Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oneshot Well I remember a story about a guy and his buddies out front of an office and such, and some thugs ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS?

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Well I remember a story about a guy and his buddies out front of an office and such, and some thugs rounded them up , got them inside, and this guy shoots BG's, they shoot back and fle the scene. guns are rounded up for evidence. He, (the GG) was shot in the hand, his pistol was soaked in blood. Yes it saved his life, but was being slowly ruined in an evidence bag.
    I know if I had a $2-3000 pistol I would not use it , unless it was a dire circumstance.
    I guess I don't really undertand this post. Are you saying you'd happily whip out a cheapie to shoot someone, but would think twice if the gun were expensive?

Personally, the only way anyone else is going to know I am carrying is if it is VERY dire circumstances. The cost of my gun is going to be the very last thing I am going to be worried about if I feel I need to pull it.
    Old School likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "they don't want the police to confiscate their expensive gun."

Trust me. That will be right down there at the very bottom of your "worry list" if & when you ever have to use it.
    Oh yeah, that's what we're talkin' 'bout...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If I am still breathing after the fight, I don't care what the police do with it. It did it's one and only job I required it to do. After that, I use another gun.

The only sense that price factors into my decision is that I don't buy junk. I buy quality, reliable, accurate guns. You get what you pay for, and I am paying for a tool which will be used to save my life. I know up front, it may end up being a single use item, or I may have it returned. I don't let that reflect in the value of what I pay for.

And it is also why I advocate having multiple guns used for defense. If I lose one due to confiscation, I have more at home to fill the void.
    Old School and oneshot like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    My EDC is what I shoot the best, which happens to be my $1500. + Dan Wesson Bobtail. You can't put a price on your life.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I carry my SIGs....if one is taken by the police after an act of self-defense, that is why I have another...
    +1 I can just call the wife and have her bring the other one that fits the holster I am wearing.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I'm not the government, I won't trust my life to the lowest bidder. I buy what I feel is the best I can afford and I carry it.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I see no reason to spend several grand for a pistol when I can get a thoroughly reliable Glock for $500 (perhaps less).
    oneshot likes this.

I have no expensive safe queens, but my pistols are all reliable Rugers that I carry based on what method I want to use for concealment that day.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I have no expensive safe queens, but my pistols are all reliable Rugers that I carry based on what method I want to use for concealment that day.
    I almost invariably stick with the same make. Glock. I carry one of three pistols:

- "battle pistol" (for times I feel I need to be more ready than normal)
    - CCW pistol (the usual during winter, spring and fall) when concealment is as important as capacity and barrel length
    - ECCW (extreme concealed carry weapon) for the hot summer (i.e. baby Glock)

If your gun was taken from you after a legal shooting. After the case was all over wouldnt you get said gun back? I mean after the case was officially wrapped up and you were in the clear.

If one gets charged (via indictment or information) with a felony after using a firearm one automatically becomes a member of the federally prohibited from possession class (18 USC 922(g)).

So if you are going to legally buy a new roscoe I guess you better move quickly while you are only under charges via a compaint. Then you can still answer no to the indictment question.
    Last edited by Chad Rogers; April 25th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Well, expensive is relative.
    Even my cheapest gun @ $400 is expensive to me.
    To some, $400 is a weekend's allowance for fun. For me, it is survival.
    oneshot likes this.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

My life ain't cheap enough for second best.

If you were going to go cross country (all the way across the USA) would you go with a worn out scooter, or drive a nice new luxury car...

Granted not everyone can afford a luxry car or by the same a $2,000. gun now that said....

Why would you ever put a price on a life specially yours or a beloved family member by wanting to carry some worn out, maybe unreliable, low stopping power gun just because it is cheap, and can be thrown away after being used once?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    It comes down to which weapon you entrust to work to help protect you and/or your loved ones. It's a tool. Nothing more. If it takes $1,000 for me to trust that tool to work, that's what it takes. If I owned a hand-me-down that cost me nothing, but it worked flawlessly, so be it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links