Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS? - Page 4

Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS?

This is a discussion on Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MadMac I guess I don't really undertand this post . Are you saying you'd happily whip out a cheapie to shoot someone, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Do you carry your best gun or a throw away beater for CCS?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I guess I don't really undertand this post. Are you saying you'd happily whip out a cheapie to shoot someone, but would think twice if the gun were expensive?

Personally, the only way anyone else is going to know I am carrying is if it is VERY dire circumstances. The cost of my gun is going to be the very last thing I am going to be worried about if I feel I need to pull it.

^^^^Then allow me to clarify^^^^^^^^^

What I meant was, IF I had a $2-3000 dollar firearm ,
    I wouldn't carry it, I would carry what I normally carry, and the high dollar, would be a range gun or the like.
    Of course if someone were breaking into my home, and the high dollar firearm were the one I could get to quickest, to stop the threat, I wouldn't heasitate to use it though.

Did that clear up your misunderstanding??

Why would you assume someone you do not even know, would "Happily whip out a cheapie to shoot someone????
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I carry the one battle-competition tested weapon I would bet my life on....... Regardless of whether it says "Glock" or 1911 on the slide.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I carry a Kimber custom every day. I bought about 11 years ago, i think i paid around 750 .00$ It has lost some of its finish and has a few scrapes/ dings in it. I did not buy it to show how flashy it is i bought to be used as a tool. if and when it is to ugly to carry i will send it out for a "facelift". Oh, by the way i carry a Kel-Tec as a BUG most of the time.

I carry a GLOCK 19. It is not the prettiest, most expensive, most collectible pistol in my safe. It is however the most reliable, most practiced with gun I own.

I do realize it may be taken from my possesion in the unfortunate event it has to be used, but I also know that I can get another new GLOCK 19 for around $500-600 without much trouble. My GLOCK 19 is stock, no night sights, no 25 cent trigger job, no grip reduction, nothing but holster wear. Sure I'll be bummed if my GLOCK gets taken from me. It's the 1st pistol I bought and I've seen every round fired from it except the one at the factory, it is special to me but I also trust it to do what I need it to do when I need it to do it.

I did carry my dad's 1903 Colt briefly and was glad to discover the GLOCK so I could keep the 1903 safely in the safe. My theory is carry what you can defend your life with the best and if it's a Hi-point, a Kimber, a Wilson, a Sig, a XD, a GLOCK, or a Luger pried from the dead hands of a high ranking nazi by your grandfather in WW2 power to you, the important thing is that you live to try to get the pistol back.

I didn't have loads of money to spend on the latest, greatest, gold plated, commemerative, most endorsed pistol available, I just got one that works. What I'm going to be doing ain't gonna be pretty so while use a pretty pistol.
    oneshot and merck like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I am a firm believer in carrying what you have confidence in.

I have had my carry piece so long that I only paid $400 for it brand new. I have no desire to know what it is currently worth because it is not for sale anyway!

William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

RKM
    This is why I like my Glock for carry. It's relatively inexpensive. I could always just buy another one if I had to. It's reliable and I shot it well. Now, my USP, I don't carry it mainly because it's too big, but it's expensive, and I can't just go buy a new Hk. Same reason why my AR isn't my goto HD weapon, it's my $300 shotgun.

Truth is, it's going to suck having your weapon taken from you. But if you did the right thing, and you're proven innocent, you'll get it back... it'll be awhile, but you'll get it back.

And notice I said "proven innocent". Why is it that somebody can go out and slit somebody's throat for no good reason and be "innocent until proven guilty" yet a good decent citizen who protects their life with a firearm is always "guilty until proven innocent"?

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^Then allow me to clarify^^^^^^^^^

What I meant was, IF I had a $2-3000 dollar firearm ,
    I wouldn't carry it, I would carry what I normally carry, and the high dollar, would be a range gun or the like.
    Of course if someone were breaking into my home, and the high dollar firearm were the one I could get to quickest, to stop the threat, I wouldn't heasitate to use it though.

Did that clear up your misunderstanding??

Why would you assume someone you do not even know, would "Happily whip out a cheapie to shoot someone????
    Thanks for clearing it up. Based on what you wrote (not what you meant), you can't blame me for my interpretation of your words.
    oneshot likes this.

I carry guns to use, or in the case of handguns, to carry. I have several major caliber pistols, and all are 100% reliable to defend my life or that of my loved ones. For those who are serious collectors and don't want to lower the gun's value, I understand where they are coming from. It's not my thing, but I get it.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links