anti-gun propoganda for returning soldiers - Page 2

anti-gun propoganda for returning soldiers

This is a discussion on anti-gun propoganda for returning soldiers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ....all the while LTC. Castro has a firearm concealed probably... People like him have no business wearing a military uniform... thank you for putting him ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anti-gun propoganda for returning soldiers

....all the while LTC. Castro has a firearm concealed probably...
    People like him have no business wearing a military uniform... thank you for putting him in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    DaveT, I don't mean to insult you. I appreciate your service. You did the right thing by staying away from guns when you needed too. I am sure that there are returning soldiers that should do the same. I believe that the Army made the film with the intent of helping soldiers. I just think that the film should have been written by someone who did not have alterior motives.
    Certainly no offense taken, Aloysius. I'm an old fart talking about something that happened a long time ago. You young troops are experiencing something unique to these times, and I respect you all so very much. I just hope and pray that the system, especially the Veterans Administration, is better equipped now to handle the needs of your generation better than it was ours.

Seeing your jump wings reminded me once again that a lot of time has passed since I wore fatigues and jumped out of the back doors of C-119 'flying boxcars' !

"Airborne"......"All the way" !
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DaveT; July 25th, 2006 at 09:55 AM.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Haven't you figured out that the Armed Forces of the US are rabid anti-gun fanatics?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter
    Haven't you figured out that the Armed Forces of the US are rabid anti-gun fanatics?

AFS
    AFS, if you are asking me that question, then the answer is no, I did not know that. Sure was not like that during my time in uniform.... course that was a long time ago also.

Only the trained government official will protect you. You should rely on them and never do it for yourself.
    I have a close family member that believes exactly this. And they'll find her with a bloody death-grip on the telephone 20mins later, awaiting that fine government official ... to take temp, prod and swab her. Can't seem to make a dent in that one.

Yes, track down the agency, dept. or poor sods who misspent funds on this farce. Write to the congress/senate. Write to the top five newspapers in the country. Hope for the best.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I am from another age and another war. I have carried since I came back from Nam in 1970. Never once lost my cool while packing. My 2A rights are as important to me as are the rest of the Bill of Rights. Aloysius, thank you for your service. Stay safe and protect yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    It was a clear message that it is never good to carry a loaded weapon unless you are in a combat zone. It is blatent anti-second amendment garbage.
    While I'm not advocating the way the message was being presented, or even the whole message in general, these films are produced for the lowest common denominator.

Keep in mind, also, that in most situations for the young guys it's not ok to have a handgun in the dorm/barracks.

I think the point I'm trying to get at, is that even though the message doesn't apply to you, it can apply to people who live on base and who might not have registered their weapons with the armory. I mean young PFC Smith, who just turned 21 and finished his second tour may well need a message like this to ground him back to reality, and not go out and buy a gun because he's seen how bad things can get. Guys like you, who probably carried before they left, know the responsibility of carrying before they go, and don't let emotions or combat experience influence that decision

That said, I don't think the video will be that effective, but it's better then sending battle hardened soldiers into the wild with no decompression.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    I've always found it somewhat perplexing that someone that could drive an M1 tank, pilot an F-14, be at the helm of a nuclear sub or aircraft carrier, be a SAW operator,a Sniper or a regular grunt on patrol and all of a sudden couldnt be trusted with a handgun once he took the uniform off.
    And a great portion of the military force is made up of National Guard members, who plan on coming back to be members of the community. Hopfuly they will all get CCW.

+1 HotGuns

Last I checked, responsibility and common sense didn't fall out of my head onto the floor when I changed my clothes.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links