My first experience with a LEO since I got my permit

This is a discussion on My first experience with a LEO since I got my permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I pull out of the daycare and head down the road past an elementry school towards a red light. I see a city officer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My first experience with a LEO since I got my permit

My first experience with a LEO since I got my permit

So I pull out of the daycare and head down the road past an elementry school towards a red light. I see a city officer sitting just before the intersection, look down ok im good goin 40mph, 5 under posted limit. I see his brake lights come on and then it hits me. I was in a school zone. Gets behind me, lights me up, and I pull over. Low and behold he got me at 37 in the 25 haha sucks to get pulled over going 37 never thought id see the day. Anyways being in NC I have to disclose the fact that I have a permit to carry concealed so along with my Lisence and Registration i handed him my permit and a paper that shows that my address has changed since it doesnt match whats on my permit. He looks at it and hands it back nothing said he didnt even open up the folded paper. He walked back to the car didnt even ask me if I had it nor said anything about it. All in all it was a good stop...yes I got a ticket but he was very professional in the matter and didnt give question me as to why I felt like I need to carry and all that jazz. So remember everyone 37 doesnt seem fast but in my case was 12 over the limit in a school zone. I just got a hard reminder to slow down in these school zones. Not only do we need to protect our familys from BG's but also these big hunks of metal cruising down the road!!! Be safe everybody!!!
    WHEC724, Old School and PatAz like this.
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

2. Remove Ads

Yep, hit them at 25 they have a chance, hit them at 35 and they're dead! It is very refreshing to read a post where someone is willing to accept the consequences for their actions and understand the reasoning for it. MAINE0338, you just earned some points in my book!
    garyacman likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Cool

Maine0338,

Thank you for taking responsibility for your actions. It is very refreshing in this day and age. Stay safe.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Our School Zones are 20mph.
    Walther PK380 - SIG Sauer P238 - Glock 19

Apparently you failed to flash your CHL badge and give him the secret CCW handshake....In some Cities/States children must be present to get the added school zone fine.if no children present then it's just a speeding ticket.It's a good character trait to admit your wrongs,but it always hurts a little when you pay the fine.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Our school zones are 15mph and a $250 ticket!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Ours run between 7:30 am and 4:00 or 4:30 pm and have flashing lights

You can take your gun to a daycare in NC?
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Good stop. Went ok. He didn't hassle you. Yeah you got the ticket, but oh well. At least you took it like a man. I bet you'll remember that school zone next time.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

20 mph in this part of Texas. I think there's also something about not being able to possess a firearm within 1000 ft of a school. Pretty ridiculous.

I don't carry into my kid's day care, because it seems basically like a school.. I'd need to verify before I carry in there.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    You can take your gun to a daycare in NC?
    No you cant BIG NO-NO!!!! I wasnt carrying at the time.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's nice to hear someone "man up" when thay make a mistake. Working as a weight inspector, the lines I hear from the truckers are endless. It's refreshing to see one smile and say, "Yeah, you got me. I knew I was over." Sometimes attitude works in their favor . . . know what I mean?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Well some people now a days need to understand and realize that they are responsible for their own actions. Its time to "man up" as one may say. If you do the deed accept the consiquences. Like Oldvet says the better your attitude the better your life will be. Instead of getting an attitude with the LEO acknowledge your wrong doing and I promise you wont get extra charges slapped on you. LEO arent out there to ruin your lives, they're out there to protect and serve the best they can.

You just described every stop Ive ever made with a concealed carry permit holder with exception to one time. Most the time we treat people fine, I am bothered to read in this forum how many have such an issue with the Police.
    The one incident I was talking about wasn't a typical stop it involved a guy who wanted to make a scene and jump in and out of his truck and yell obscenities in both arabic and broken english..He had no idea I spoke some Farica due to prior service in the USMC...I treated him "harshly" and secured his weapon for him while I issued my summons'...then I contacted the sheriff who signed off on his permit and made it known how irresponsible he was acting and they yanked his permit. He was and is the only person I have ever infringed upon their CCW permit. Had a rookie pulled him over and he acted like he did he may have been shot.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Iíve been around for awhile and Iíve been stopped a few times in my life and frankly, I canít think of one time that I was stopped that I didnít have it coming. Taking responsibility for your screwups should be part of being a good citizen.

The one time Iíve been stopped since I started carrying went well; he just asked me what I was carrying and then walked back to his car and wrote me a warning for going a little over the limit.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links