Impatient in Wisconsin - Page 2

Impatient in Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Impatient in Wisconsin within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wi44hunter Are you referring to the threats made against GOP members by the anti gun, peace loving.... I imagine that they are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wi44hunter View Post
    Are you referring to the threats made against GOP members by the anti gun, peace loving....
    I imagine that they are thinking they should have passed concealed carry before ticking off a bunch of people so they could protect themselves. They caught the lady (she teaches children) who sent out the email death threats but didn't bother to take her into custody and dragged their feet on filing charges against her. Someone threatens to kill 16 lawmakers and their families, then admits to it isn't enough to take someone into custody nowadays? I also find it ironic that a typical anti-gun person threatens to put "a bullet in your head". I suspect anti-gun people aren't stable enough to own guns and project their instabilities on everyone else.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by wi44hunter View Post
    I feel your pain I live close to the border on the Wisconsin side but the won't recognize my Utah permit because I'm not a resident of Utah.
    I feel ya, Michigan really should accept non-resident permits but we've got a few flies in the ointment down in Lansing. Levin brags about cosponsoring the Brady Bill etc, would love to kick him out on his can. Either way hopefully you'll get a resident permit down there and get reciprocity up in the UP and most of the rest of the country. It's really gotten allot better over the last several years but I look forward to someday being able to travel easier without having to check my 2nd amendment rights at the state borders.

Interesting observation from my wife, who isn't really a gun person per say. She's by no means against guns, but she hasn't picked up her carry permit quite yet etc. Shoots from time to time. That said since we've been out in AZ with constitutional carry she has carried here and there on her days off, mostly when out and about without me around. We headed up to Vegas for the SHOT show in January and she made the comment, "it's funny the 2nd amendment is the only one that varies depending on the state we're going into, no one questions the others". I just thought that it was an interesting observation;)

Take care!

Luke

Oh that reminds me, is there a good group working with the NRA for carry in Wisconsin? Or a forum? Everything I found recently was either fairly dated, back to the last fight to get it passed. Or just MIA. I was wanted to do a small donation to the cause, I already support the NRA when I can, but I like to help out smaller grass root groups as well since it seems the money goes further. So if you guys are in the know as far as who's working this deal right now I'd love to know and be able to toss a few bucks that direction(no one take this the wrong way, I'm a normal guy when I say a few bucks I quite literally do indeed mean that;) I'm not bragging or anything of the sort)

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    As long as you stay away from the politics related to the unions and all of that. If you want to talk about how WI residence can defend themselves from death threats, fine, but let me remind you of Rule #9:

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.
    As I'm not sure how to broach the topic of defending oneself and family in the context of the goings on in WI without highlighting, intentionally or otherwise the one-sided nature of the violence/threats/vandalism in that rather uncivil discourse, I'll just bow out of this thread.

Right now, when it comes to many social issues and 2a, both sides have a habit of just counting on that vote, and walking a fine line of talk to support after, but no action. In the end, it is all a $ grab (D & R both guilty).
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    Oh that reminds me, is there a good group working with the NRA for carry in Wisconsin? Or a forum? Everything I found recently was either fairly dated, back to the last fight to get it passed. Or just MIA. I was wanted to do a small donation to the cause, I already support the NRA when I can, but I like to help out smaller grass root groups as well since it seems the money goes further. So if you guys are in the know as far as who's working this deal right now I'd love to know and be able to toss a few bucks that direction(no one take this the wrong way, I'm a normal guy when I say a few bucks I quite literally do indeed mean that;) I'm not bragging or anything of the sort)
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. (link) has been by far the most supportive to the cause in Wisconsin. There's other organizations, but none of them to my knowledge have come close to actively fighting for our rights as WCI has. Many of the members of WCI are active on the OpenCarry.org, WI section. Wisconsin (link). Many post their responses from lawmakers and any updates they have heard in regards to CC in WI.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links