Impatient in Wisconsin

Impatient in Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Impatient in Wisconsin within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last November we gave republicans the tools to return our 2A rights and were promised action in the spring. As of yet there had been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impatient in Wisconsin

Impatient in Wisconsin

Last November we gave republicans the tools to return our 2A rights and were promised action in the spring. As of yet there had been no discussion.

You need to be patient; they are busy balancing the additional tax relief for millionaires and corporations by striping pay and benefits from teachers bus driver and janitors; then they’ll get to you…HANG IN THERE

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    You need to be patient; they are busy balancing the additional tax relief for millionaires and corporations by striping pay and benefits from teachers bus driver and janitors; then they’ll get to you…HANG IN THERE
    Seems they are trying to keep the state from bankruptcy IIRC. Sounds like we have a democrat in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Seems they are trying to keep the state from bankruptcy IIRC. Sounds like we have a democrat in our midst.
    they will go bankrupt based on the additional tax credits alone got to shore it up somewhere....

Senior Moderator
    Let's keep things on topic here. This thread is not about WI politics but about carry.. not to mention political debate is not what this forum is about.. if this line of discussion continues there will be deleted posts and infractions going out.. you've been warned.

Being from WI myself I know the frustration. I have a lot of family who really thought it was going to happen soon and they keep waiting. I would love to get myself a non-res permit when that becomes the case so I can carry when I come back to visit (which is frequently).. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Don't worry Scott Walker is a stand up man. He said he would pass conceal carry here in WI and I believe him. I am hoping it is done this year.

I'm hoping my Utah permit will be valid in Wisconsin so I will be able to carry the day it becomes legal and while I'm waiting for my Wisconsin permit

Believe me, I'm growing impatient too (I'm from Neenah). From what I hear, they are not going to push a controversial topic like this until after the recall issues are done. From an email I received from WCI "The Republican Caucuses in the State Assembly and State Senate have put Rep. Jeff Mursau of Wisconsin's 36th Assembly District in charge of the concealed carry legislation in the Assembly. Pam Galloway of Wisconsin's 29th Senate District in charge of drafting concealed carry legislation in the Senate." From what I hear, several are on board with constitutional carry, while others are somewhat hesitant. Whatever we get, I feel like they are still going to over-complicate it like they are doing with the current "Castle Doctrine" bill being sent to the assembly. http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/AB-69.pdf

The NRA has sent out an email calling for permit-less carry, but Wisconsin Carry, Inc. ( Welcome to Wisconsin Carry, Inc. ) in my opinion has actually done the most talking to the politicians in our state, etc.

I believe the next scheduled time non-budget bills will be sent to Walker is this fall, which is probably the soonest we will see it.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Well I hope for all our sakes it happens as soon as possible. I have several friends in WI. and I have spent a lot of time there. It is a great state and time for it's citizens to have their rights back.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

I'm also in the hoping that it happens group;) Currently with my wife and I traveling around the country I tend to drive around Wisconsin to get home. Now for those familiar with the Upper Penninsula of Michigan(which is home), when I'm coming from out west that means going down and around;) For instance next week from Arizona I will be heading over through Tennessee to avoid Wisconsin and Illinois. When those two states decide to start honoring my permit I'll go through there and spend my dollars on fuel and food. Otherwise I'll avoid both. Same goes for California, New York, etc. Heck I've been less than 5 miles from California the last 7 months and I've not once stepped foot onto their land, doing so in my normal carry would make me a felon, or I'd have to go unarmed, just not thrilled with either:)

Either way, looking forward to Wisconsin getting concealed carry, hopefully they will actually get constitutional carry with a permit for reciprocity. The biggest thing for me, is where I'm from is only 30 miles from the border of Wisconsin and depending on where your going it's far to easy to cross the wrong bridge and end up in Wisconsin if your not paying attention. It would certainly make life living close to the border much simpler, heck my in laws live about .5 mile from the border and everyone comes and goes across the edge for food etc. Normally now that they know me, they know I don't cross over unless there is a good reason because I prefer not to disarm:)

Take care and good luck!

Luke

Last I read, WI was going to do kind of what IA did. They will recognize all out of state permits and issue a resident permit so residents could enjoy reciprocity. I keep watching the news but see nothing, hope it changes before I pass through the state in Nov.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Let's keep things on topic here. This thread is not about WI politics but about carry.. not to mention political debate is not what this forum is about.. if this line of discussion continues there will be deleted posts and infractions going out.. you've been warned.

Being from WI myself I know the frustration. I have a lot of family who really thought it was going to happen soon and they keep waiting. I would love to get myself a non-res permit when that becomes the case so I can carry when I come back to visit (which is frequently).. Hopefully it will happen soon.
    Since this forum does pertain largely to matters of self defense, can we we discuss the results of a Google search for the phrase "Wisconsin death threats" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Since this forum does pertain largely to matters of self defense, can we we discuss the results of a Google search for the phrase "Wisconsin death threats" ?
    Are you referring to the threats made against GOP members by the anti gun, peace loving, tree hugging libs.

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    I'm also in the hoping that it happens group;) Currently with my wife and I traveling around the country I tend to drive around Wisconsin to get home. Now for those familiar with the Upper Penninsula of Michigan(which is home), when I'm coming from out west that means going down and around;) For instance next week from Arizona I will be heading over through Tennessee to avoid Wisconsin and Illinois. When those two states decide to start honoring my permit I'll go through there and spend my dollars on fuel and food. Otherwise I'll avoid both. Same goes for California, New York, etc. Heck I've been less than 5 miles from California the last 7 months and I've not once stepped foot onto their land, doing so in my normal carry would make me a felon, or I'd have to go unarmed, just not thrilled with either:)

Either way, looking forward to Wisconsin getting concealed carry, hopefully they will actually get constitutional carry with a permit for reciprocity. The biggest thing for me, is where I'm from is only 30 miles from the border of Wisconsin and depending on where your going it's far to easy to cross the wrong bridge and end up in Wisconsin if your not paying attention. It would certainly make life living close to the border much simpler, heck my in laws live about .5 mile from the border and everyone comes and goes across the edge for food etc. Normally now that they know me, they know I don't cross over unless there is a good reason because I prefer not to disarm:)

Take care and good luck!

Luke
    I feel your pain I live close to the border on the Wisconsin side but the won't recognize my Utah permit because I'm not a resident of Utah.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    As long as you stay away from the politics related to the unions and all of that. If you want to talk about how WI residence can defend themselves from death threats, fine, but let me remind you of Rule #9:

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links