Concealed Handgun License Protection Plan(www.chlpp.com)

This is a discussion on Concealed Handgun License Protection Plan(www.chlpp.com) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I signed up with ACLDN a few minutes ago. $85 is cheap, and in the event of a SD shooting, I'll take all the help ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Handgun License Protection Plan(www.chlpp.com)

I signed up with ACLDN a few minutes ago. $85 is cheap, and in the event of a SD shooting, I'll take all the help I can get.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by merlin82plus View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but "up to grand jury" would not cover your actual trial. Grand jury determines whether you should be tried in a criminal case, IIRC. Most likely you will be sued in a civil court by the survivor's family... does the insurance cover that ?
    In Michigan if the criminal court finds you innocent the victum or his family cannot sue you.

Maybe I'm wrong, but "up to grand jury" would not cover your actual trial. Grand jury determines whether you should be tried in a criminal case, IIRC. Most likely you will be sued in a civil court by the survivor's family... does the insurance cover that ?
    From Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC :
    Network members are also eligible for additional grants of financial assistance from the Network's legal defense fund if they face unmeritorious prosecution or civil action after a self-defense incident occurring during their period of membership.

It depends. Some states offer civil immunity clauses in their castle doctrine laws. But not all states do. It's important to remember that just because the law recognizes that you don't have to retreat and can defend with deadly force in the event of someone forcibly making entry in to your home, it may not go on to make you immune to a civil suit. Be careful.

NY doesn't have either AFAIK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links