Gun owner charged after leaving gun in Walmart restroom - Page 3

Gun owner charged after leaving gun in Walmart restroom

This is a discussion on Gun owner charged after leaving gun in Walmart restroom within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ugh...just what we need. This one is local to me. I've actually shopped in that one. Goes back to Forest Gump. "Stupid is as stupid ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gun owner charged after leaving gun in Walmart restroom

Ugh...just what we need. This one is local to me. I've actually shopped in that one. Goes back to Forest Gump. "Stupid is as stupid does". Now though the staff at that WM is going to be on the alert looking extra careful for anyone that looks like they're carrying and probably pitch a fit.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Probably a federal agent, seems to be common among them.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnauman View Post
    Probably a federal agent, seems to be common among them.
    Or State Police Detectives, in my neck of the woods...

There was a news article posted some time ago on DC of a male LEO doing the same thing in the men's room. Firearm was found & turned in to customer svc. dept. by the time he realized what happened, where he left it & returned to to get it. Can't remember if he was on or off duty, or uniformed or not.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Angry

And of course the media had to get it's dig in.....

"Several bills introducing tighter gun control in Maryland were defeated during the latest session of the General Assembly. A measure to reduce the number of bullets in a clip and one to institute a harsher penalty for carrying an unregistered firearm were both quashed in committee, the Washington Post reported."

That statement had nothing to do with the contents of the original story.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Let's noyt forget the LEO that left hers in a bathroom in the secure area of an airport IIRC
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Recently after using the bathroom at Kohls I was making sure I re-holstered my gun when my cell phone fell out of my jacket. Yup... so worreied about being concealed and prepared to leave the stall, I forgot my cell phone. So I was about half way out of the store "when" "where is my phone, nope, nope, nope, Oh No " back to the restroom and Whew, there it was on the floor.
    Lesson learned to take inventory before leaving
    JBPDXOR

What an IDIOT!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I can’t remember where but not too long ago a SWAT cop left a full auto weapon on the lawn of the house next to the one of interest, it was found by a kid in the morning, nothing was done of that as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    I can’t remember where but not too long ago a SWAT cop left a full auto weapon on the lawn of the house next to the one of interest, it was found by a kid in the morning, nothing was done of that as I recall.
    I remember one like that about 1-2 yrs ago ...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Good succinct reply NCSox. Bad choice of teams. All kidding aside, I am not quite sure what this person should be charged with first--idiocy is on top of my list and, as NC said, people like this should be looked at more carefully for any other of life's activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I have to disagree with you. As CCers, we are held to a higher standard. We should all rise above that standard. A gun is something you dont just leave around someplace.
    No, we should all be held to the same standard. A cop leaves their gun and gets a pass while a citizen leaves their gun and gets charges. Charge ONE, charge ALL... Give a pass to ONE, give a pass to ALL.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Explaining your "restroom procedure"? TMI!

If my G30 fell out, I'd certainly notice that my pants were a bit light.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

A female fbi agent left hers in the restroom at the airport I work at about 6 or seven years ago never heard what happened with her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links