Big revo carry?

Big revo carry?

This is a discussion on Big revo carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today's thread to establish those who carry 1911 reminded me I wanted to see who carries, or has carried, substantial size revo's - not snubs. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big revo carry?

Assistant Administrator

Big revo carry?

Today's thread to establish those who carry 1911 reminded me I wanted to see who carries, or has carried, substantial size revo's - not snubs. Probably not that many.

I did for some good many weeks three years ago carry my M28-2 4" - having found a holster that suited even tho it was for a three inch. That, stoked with CorBon 140 .357's was quite handy to have and actually not much of an incumbrance.

I am now like most carrying a semi (226) but would still feel well prepared if I were to strap on that M28.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    S&W 686 Stainless Combat. (Conn. Highway Patrol Marked) .357
    In the Truck.

Edit: will occassionally carry it around the farm, but nowhere else really, wish I could though sometimes.
    Fear No Evil.

Assistant Administrator
    What barrel length hso? Not that it matters too much I guess with your application.

I have an old 686 6" - which happens to have been owned previously by acparmed, our dear depated moderator. That would make a great truck revo too.
    Chris - P95

Target grey SS Ruger GP100 .357 w/ 4" barrel in OWB protech holster whilst fishing in the great outdoors ...

I've carried a 4" 686 a few times. Man that thing is heavy. I prefer my 325PD if I'm going to carry a big wheelgun.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Its a 6'' barrell. And extremely accurate too. It was my first handgun purchase. I think I paid 225 for it from an old Highway Patrolman friend of my Dad's. I put Hogue monogrips on it, preserving the beautiful wood grips, and have shot the heck out of it ever since.
    Fear No Evil.

Assistant Administrator
    Time to inject a pic or two - first is the M28 - lovely N frame, smoothed and nicely set up.

The 686 of Bob's, I added my old homemade weight from way back when I had an early 686 - and in this mode can use it as a very effective gun for PPC.

Chris - P95

I used to carry my Ruger GP-100 3" open carry, IWB. That was in southwest Arizona. And that was before they passed concealed carry laws. Back then you could even carry into a bar, unload it, and hand it to the barkeep. They would place it on the back bar, and return it when you left, unless you had to many. They would tell you to come back tomorrow and get in that case.
    "Old Marines never die, we just smell like it." USMC 71'-83'

Stay Safe

While I do not carry any handgun right now, recently I've found out I shoot revolvers much better, so the adventure of looking at .45 acp revolvers is in full swing. CCW might be a challenge for what I am looking for, but since I have not fully explored all of my choices, I havent given up hope. :)
    Beretta 92FS

While I only have the J Frame and Commander for carry I was looking long and hard at a 325PD at the LGS this weekend. Not really a FL summer carry piece but it wouldn't be hard to do with the right holster in the winter. I kind of like the idea of a .45 revo at times myself.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I have a nickel 3 1/2" S&W 27-2 I like to carry and occasionally carry my 4" 28. I've had a 3" 625 for carry. All carry fine and are no more of a "burden" than a full size 1911.
    CABO makes a great IWB for the N frame revos.
    Dave

N-frame

I have carried a 610 in IWB at times. I was competing with this gun regularly and was very comfortable with it, so I decided to carry it. The biggest issue with regular carry was the weight, very heavy and the fact that it was my tricked out competion gun, and I figured if I had to use it, I wouldn't get it back for a while. May be a dumb reason, but I figure I would rather have a different gun locked up as evidence than my competition gun.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

S&W 3" model 29 once in a while -- my favorite revolver for CCW is a Ruger Vaquero in 44 Mag. I know.... reloading would be a bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr
    While I only have the J Frame and Commander for carry I was looking long and hard at a 325PD at the LGS this weekend. Not really a FL summer carry piece but it wouldn't be hard to do with the right holster in the winter. I kind of like the idea of a .45 revo at times myself.
    Here's mine. Great shooter too.

Not mine, but for a big-bore carry revolver, how about John Ross's snubby .500S&W :)

Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links