Defensive Carry banner

New permit holder.

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  M1911 
#1 ·
And this is a big thing because in Iowa it's county-based, in my county permits are almost ALWAYS (240 of the 255 or so permits) restricted to "Only valid while carrying $500 or more in monies or business property. Not valid in public buildings." I'm the first in the county to have an unrestricted permit under this sheriff without being former combat military or law enforcement. I've put 7 months into the process, I've spent about $100 paying clerks wages so I can thumb through EVERY permit and gather data. It all paid off today (Monday).

In keeping with tradition I went to Wal Mart as soon as I strapped my gun on. Waited at the ammo counter to pick up a Value Pack of WWB .40 S&W. Well I got tired of waiting and decided to do one better than buying ammo.

(Yes, I'm 5'11" 160 lbs and I conceal a Sig P226 under a polo and khakis...OWB! I defy all laws of physics.)

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations! :congrats:

#6 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum , the ccw club , oh and the wallyworld trip club lol .. you howeaver kinda goofed up since as i recall it getting nachos is also on the required curriculum of first trip ccw to wally world lol .

#8 ·
Nachos are optional I thought. Oh well, since I bought a Special Edition of The Boondock Saints that's like buying a case of ammo (IMO).

I don't get cocky (I do laugh when I see "Protected by PerMar though), in fact I'm still having my girlfriend check me out every half hour or so we're out. I can make out my hammer spur, but she can't see anything, and she's looking for it. 0330 carry with Don Hume H721 OT OWB leather works quite nicely.

I usually wear khakis and a dark polo or a suit anyway, great concealment garments.

#9 ·
Nice gun and great movie. Don't get so excited that you lose your vigilence. I was so excited about carrying at first, I only thought about the nice gun on my side, and forgot about paying attention to my environment. Stay alert and congrats!!!!!!

#13 ·
absit said:
And this is a big thing because in Iowa it's county-based, in my county permits are almost ALWAYS (240 of the 255 or so permits) restricted to "Only valid while carrying $500 or more in monies or business property. . . .
I guess I'd haveta start carryin' a lot more cash all the time!

Congrats on the new permit. Be safe and shoot well. You're welcome to come and join us at the range down here in Texas any time!:bier:

#14 ·
Congrats!
Nice weapon, nice movie.

.. and welcome to the throng of those who would excersize their right to carry, and take the responsibility upon themselves to do so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.