The best understanding of Anti gun folks.

This is a discussion on The best understanding of Anti gun folks. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike ... And I too have had anti gun types tell me that they would rather be repeatedly raped or let a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The best understanding of Anti gun folks.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    ... And I too have had anti gun types tell me that they would rather be repeatedly raped or let a family member be murdered than to use a gun in defense or have someone use a gun to defend them. Those types are out there and I think they are more common than you might realize. ...
    And IMO at that point, the herd needs culling. A twisted way of believing that Darwin has found a way to stay active since all our other attempts to remove him have met with some success.

I don't run into anti's all that much, but I do try to give them a rational discussion on the matter if they wish to discuss it.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

I debate on our local columnist blog with him and his band of merry anti-gun followers to no end and in any given thread I can usually lead them to see that their initial knee jerk emotional response is irrational and would not solve the particular issue at hand. It is the "we need to do something, even if it is wrong" reaction. Unfortunately, it never sticks. The next column or event and they're right back to the extreme reaction as before. Even when you can get them to follow and understand the logic of your position, they won't change. I use the same argument all the time of "if it isn't right for you, don't do it...but don't try to tell me it shouldn't be right for me." I don't agree with certain lifestyle choices others make, so I don't make them...but I don't tell them they shouldn't make them any more than they tell me I should. I see firearms quite the same way.
    TN_Mike and MotorCityGun like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links