Waterpark carry - Page 2

Waterpark carry

This is a discussion on Waterpark carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=ibex] As I expected, I was the only person with a defensive tool as far as I can tell...QUOTE] There you go. Sometimes you just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterpark carry

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ibex]
    As I expected, I was the only person with a defensive tool as far as I can tell...QUOTE]

There you go.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go with the odds. We have to accept that, unfortunately, certain activities are near incompatible with CCW. Either disarm or don't do it.

If you really want to frolic in the chlorine, I seriously doubt you will be accosted: 1. At all. 2. With anything more dangerous than a bad attitude.

Lets say that you DO get into an altercation with some gangbanger on vacation. You stab him. Unless he has already beat you senseless (in which case your knife is useless), you have used a force level that is inappropriate to the threat. What will the court think? If he pulls a knife, you better be the world's champion knife fighter. (Picture 2 wet combatants in swim trunks "pinking" the wave pool and grappling underwater.) IMHO, the best defense is to be very humble, and bring along some big hairy friends, besides, they will make your outing more fun anyway.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Tuck your carry gun inside the front of your Speedo--the family's safe and the chicks will be all over you like a cheap suit!

Good points, paramedic.

I really do consider it highly unlikely to run into trouble in a waterpark. That's why I re-re-re-re-considered whether or not to bring my folder. I finally decided to keep it on me just to see who would notice and to practice keeping a defensive tool on me whenever possible. Until a couple of days ago, I just left my knife in the living room when I went to bed. Now it's on my nightstand.

I thought quite a bit about the scenarios you mentioned, even before. If I actually get into an altercation with a gangbanger on vacation (which I believe to be quite possible if you look at his girlfriend for too long), I do not automatically have to use the knife. I can choose to be the meek geek and let his overblown ego have some fun at my cost. But I want that choice.

Whether or not a possible gangbanger has a knife, that does not mean either of use will use it. The presence of a weapon can often deescalate a situation. Typical armed self-defense

Finally, there is also disparity of force. Using a knife in self-defense is (morally) / may be (legally) justified against several adversaries. After all, they're not called gangbangers because they usually act alone.
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

Water parks like abusement parks I try to avoid.

VIP Member
    At our local waterpark, we're not allowed on the slides or inflatables with sandals or lots of jewelry, so any kind of fanny pack carry would probably be out. I'm not leaving a bag unattended at a crowded place, so it's no carry or don't go.

When I lived at an apartment with a pool, I went during off-peak hours and would carry in my Camelbak, which I left tied to a deck chair.

A NAA Mini in a watertight eyeglasses case might work.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I suppose you could put a small .38 in a ziploc bag. Also see my "getting wet" thread about waterproof ammo.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links