Knowledge, Ability, Wisdom...and knowing the difference

This is a discussion on Knowledge, Ability, Wisdom...and knowing the difference within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some important distinctions between these terms that I have come to learn from this forum: 1) Knowledge - obtaining the technical knowledge of what to ...

Thread: Knowledge, Ability, Wisdom...and knowing the difference

Knowledge, Ability, Wisdom...and knowing the difference

Some important distinctions between these terms that I have come to learn from this forum:

1) Knowledge - obtaining the technical knowledge of what to carry, how to carry, how to employ a firearm, etc.

2) Ability - obtaining the technical skills and ability to employ the knowledge above.

3) Wisdom - practicing strategies and techniques to avoid having to employ that knowledge and ability and recognizing the time when it comes that you can't avoid it and must employ it, then knowing how to handle the aftermath.

*** Most people capable of basic learning can obtain various levels of knowledge, and ability. Wisdom, on the other hand, is a judgement that is learned from either first hand experience or the depth of understanding to learn from the experiences of others.

In my personal opinion, knowledge and ability without wisdom is like building a dragster race car capable of going 300 miles per hour without considering the braking system until you cross the finish line the first time. Too late.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Links