Unarmed in NY - Page 2

Unarmed in NY

This is a discussion on Unarmed in NY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At least NJ has a permit system, even if they don't use it. My wife's family keeps trying to talk us into moving BACK to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unarmed in NY

At least NJ has a permit system, even if they don't use it. My wife's family keeps trying to talk us into moving BACK to Illinois. NO PERMITS PERIOD there. Illinois and Wisconsin are the last two hold outs for CCW.

Frankly, I'd go homeless before I moved back there. I MIGHT go as close as Indiana, at least there I can get a lifetime permit to carry.

But I ain't going back to Illinois, except to visit, and even then, damn reluctantly!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore
    I despise this state socio-politically, but it's not Iran. It only feels like it. ;)
    In Iran, they have full auto AKs. In Iraq, official US policy is 1 full auto AK per house.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore
    I despise this state socio-politically, but it's not Iran. It only feels like it. ;)
    hahah yep, like Phil says it's not THAT bad...I won't live here long, once my wife's training is done with we will probably move back to VT, NH, or ME...I would actually rather live in upstate NY than in NJ, MD, WI, or CA (some of our other options). The county that I moved to (Monroe) is supposed to be one of the better ones as far as carry permits go...giving them out in much the same way as a must issue state...except for all of the hoops that you have to jump through...so in 11 more months it won't be that different for me as I'll be able to, once again, carry everywhere that I plan on going. The gun laws have been hard on both me and my wife since we both grew up with guns and have been shooting since we were kids and she has multiple CCWs as well so the good news is that she will be just as happy to move home when she is done...but the move isn't the end of the world by any means...I'm just happy that I will be able to get a pistol permit after hearing of people living in areas even more restrictive than this one. Thanks for all the replies!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links