Today I graduate from nursing school...and I am going to carry to my graduation.

Today I graduate from nursing school...and I am going to carry to my graduation.

This is a discussion on Today I graduate from nursing school...and I am going to carry to my graduation. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; South Carolina has improved the gun laws here since I have been in nursing school, which allowed me to at least leave my gun locked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I graduate from nursing school...and I am going to carry to my graduation.

South Carolina has improved the gun laws here since I have been in nursing school, which allowed me to at least leave my gun locked in my glove compartment while on campus. This is a far cry from being allowed to legally conceal my firearm on my person while on campus, it was a step in the right direction.

Today, I graduate from school, and graduation is being held at our local auditorium and is not school owned, and is not posted. So, I will be armed as I go across the stage to receive my degree...and guess what will happen? Nothing will happen. Nothing at all.

Too bad the politicians can't understand that fact.

So...off to graduation!
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

VIP Member
    Congratulations! You've wisely chosen a great career field.

My wife just finished her junior year. It is a great noble and respected profession. Good luck.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Congrats! It is an honorable profession, and one that should bring you great satisfaction.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congrats on your graduation...stay armed, stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congratulations! May you enjoy great success in your career.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    Today, I graduate from school
    Congratulations, and my very best wishes for your future! Remember, be nice to your EMS folks if you work the ER; they have a very challenging job, too...

Regards, Ret. Once, NREMT-I and County EMS =)
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Well done on graduating! Wish you the best.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Congratulations and Best wishes on a wise career choice.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

I like your point on nothing will happen while you carry... point taken that people can attend college classes, conceal carry, and not cause trouble. Congrats on graduating, its a difficult education. Remember to always keep that passion for helping others, whether it is your patients, or helping protect yourself, family and loved ones with you CCW! Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

VIP Member
    Congrats on completing your Degree.....now the fun really begins, long hours, cranky patients and demanding families, not to mention doctors who think their 8 years of college makes them experts on everything under the sun.

Not in the medical field myself, but wife is a RN and #1 son is a radiology tech.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well done. Been a Nurse myself now for over 20 years and getting ready to wind my career down. Glad someone is stepping up to take my place. Enjoy yourself and don't hesitate to explore all the areas that Nursing touches on. Don't shoot any patients ( Doctors are open season).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    Well done. Been a Nurse myself now for over 20 years and getting ready to wind my career down. Glad someone is stepping up to take my place. Enjoy yourself and don't hesitate to explore all the areas that Nursing touches on. Don't shoot any patients ( Doctors are open season).
    THAT was funny!!! Am gonna send that to my daughter as she will soon head off for her MRN. She will be getting her ccw soon, also.

Congrats on your graduation and career choice. My daughter is an RN and works in the Operating Room. She is about to accept a job offer at another hospital to work strictly in the Cardiac Operating Room. She's excited. Just another square to help her in progressing upward and onward. Her five year goal is to get into anesthesia school and become a CRNA...Hope she does it so she can take care of me in my "old age"...LOL
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Congrats! And you're probably right. Nothing will happen.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links