USCCA - Wisconsin Based?

This is a discussion on USCCA - Wisconsin Based? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reading the emails it says Wisconsin in the signature. Does anyone else find it odd that the US Concealed Carry Association is based in Wisconsin ...

Thread: USCCA - Wisconsin Based?

USCCA - Wisconsin Based?

Reading the emails it says Wisconsin in the signature. Does anyone else find it odd that the US Concealed Carry Association is based in Wisconsin of all places?

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt
    Last edited by Thunder71; May 6th, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I am a member if you want to call it such. Tim (founder) is a marketing guy from Wisconsin so no it does not surprise me that it is from Wisconsin. There is some really good information in the magazine and on the forum, but the marketing stuff is over the top in my opinion. And keep in mind that it is not like the NRA or GOA in terms of an association. It is a group of like minded individuals who believe in concealed carry and share knowledge and experiences. But it is a marketing organization not a political organization. You just make your own mind up whether you can justify spending your money to be a part of it or not.

I just meant that Wi is one of the few states left that I can't carry in at all and would be best leaving my gun at home if going there. :)

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt

VIP Member
    It does seem a bit ironic.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Armydad, I didn't know that... Thanks for that clarification that it was not political.

Quote Originally Posted by cnauman View Post
    I just meant that Wi is one of the few states left that I can't carry in at all and would be best leaving my gun at home if going there. :)
    ...actually, you can open carry anywhere in the state without a permit. i wouldn't recommend it due to the police generally not knowing it's legal, though. source: OpenCarry.org - State Information For Wisconsin

Isn't that just residents?

not just residents, any person who can legally possess a firearm can carry openly. some restrictions as to where and if in a vehicle must be unloaded and encased. ccw legislation being written now, hopefully in 1-2 months will be passed, only question is permitted on constitutional carry

Might be a bit ironic now, but a Concealed Carry Law is in the works, hopefully fast-tracked. The debate is to go Constitutional Carry or Shall Issue Permit. Personally I would offer a best of both worlds scenario. Shared Constitutional carry, and also permit based for those individuals wishng to have reciprocity from other states while traveling.

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Adding to what Armydad said: I've gone from positive to neutral about USCCA. The people running the place look like they treat the membership as a big marketing list, and they are now marketing services and products that have nothing to do with concealed carry. The print magazine still offers useful information, as does the forum (a closed forum, you have to pay for certain membership levels to access it), but you also get the marketing emails nearly day in and day out, and there is not a clear or easy way to opt out of that. I'm still a member and participant in the forum there, but less than I have been previously. I'm just no longer sure what to think about them any more.
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

Links