Life Update.... LEO encounters... new guns...

This is a discussion on Life Update.... LEO encounters... new guns... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's happening guy and gals. I don't think it really necessarily to post everytime I have an idea so I usually wait a bit and ...

What's happening guy and gals.
    I don't think it really necessarily to post everytime I have an idea so I usually wait a bit and then post thoughts about a few things...
    I've had 2 more encounters with LEO. Both positive. One I was doing 69mph in a 65 and he pulled me for speeding.(Slow night?!?! ) He was understanding and asked me to disarm and come stand in his headlight beams so he could see me.
    The other was for a brake light out. Officer was extremely friendly and even chatted with me about my carry piece and a new Kel Tec I was looking at.
    Which brings me to the next item.
    I recently started Valet Parking downtown and all that running around with cash in dark parking lots at 11pm makes me very nervous. I love my G19 but all that running around and getting into and out of cars makes it a little tough to conceal, and very uncomfortable. (the running is really the issue here.)
    So, I am pretty sure I am going to get a Kel Tec PF9 and a Kangaroo Carry rig. It has been highly recommended to me by a trusted firearm instructor friend.
    On that note, my father has been considering getting a gun as well (First one in YEARS - Has none in house right now.) so I talked with my mother and we are going to get him a PF9 for Fathers Day.

So! All in all a good report. Stay Safe friends.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    so many better choices than the PF9 IMO. Not trying to be debbie downer but just saying I would get something else. But I guess a PF9 is better than not having a gun at all.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I would say good to all except having to disarm and stand in the lights.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

VIP Member
    PF9 should do fine. It's a corn cob compared to my PM9, but both will launch 124gr GDHP with good accuracy and monotonous regularity.

Avoid the PF9! Spend a little extra and you will be happy. I recommend the Ruger LC9 or anything else over any Kel Tec.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

For what you will use it for the PF9 will do fine. Just go over to KTOG forum and learn the fluff and buff and enjoy.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Yeah, I am not against the LC9 or the PM9. First off, the reason I am Valeting is because I no longer have a good job. So money is a big issue here. Luckily I had a little put away for something like this but not much. Second is that I have had many people say they hated the LC9 and never to touch it. Others say its great. In the end, it is as it usually is; Its up to personal preference. So based on price, some feedback, personal feeling and shooting....I went with the PF9.

VIP Member
    I have a LC9. While it is reliable, the trigger definitely takes some getting used to. VERY long trigger pull. Not near as nice as the CW9 my wife carries. If the money situation dictates going with the KelTec over another gun, then go with it, until the opportunity to upgrade comes along.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I"tor, a lot to say. First I like K-T for what they are, they are hard to beat. I carry a P-11 as a back-up with the +2 base. Being a LEO, I carry everytime I am out of the house, but department requires it covered off duty. I do not see any problem with carrying the G-19. Most all the time I am carrying a 3.5 inch 1911 (60%) , 5 inch 1911 (40%) or the P-11(5%) in an OWB holster. I am wearing a t-shirt or Polo with a larger dark dress or denim shirt open in the front over it. It never ceases to amaze me at the number of people who do not know that I have ever carried a weapon on me. Most of my fellow officers do not know it. I have been at "meet & greets", school functions, club meetings, no one notices. It is not hard to carry a good size defensive weapon on you so no one will notice. hope that helps....

VIP Member
    PF9 will be a great present for your Dad. On the speeding issue, there is a 'STEP' plan going on around the state in different areas. STEP = State Traffic Enforcement Plan. It's aimed at enforcing speed limit laws as a requirement for keeping federal road/highway funding. The officers are basically required to write tickets for every stop. So watch out...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links