What's your concealed carry rig of choice?

This is a discussion on What's your concealed carry rig of choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; BladeTech IWB for HK USP....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your concealed carry rig of choice?

BladeTech IWB for HK USP.

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Sig 239 (9mm) in a Galco Skyops holster.

Its suprisingly thin, its great quality (as all Galco products are) and it uses a propriotory \"Y\" clip instead of those J-Clips that can sometimes sag below the belt line and give you away. Or at least you look really weird with a odd looking black thing hanging down from under the belt.

The \"Y\" hook supports the weight of the gun on the belt rather then the fabric of the pants and cannot possibly slide off the belt.

Dinner

The small auto dealership that I work for part time had it\'s Christmas dinner tonight.

The dinner was held out of town, so one of the owners and his wife, along with one guest, picked up my wife and self.

The dinner was casual at a rib place. My casual apparel included a P7 in an Alessi IWB, a KelTec P 11 in a Null pocket holster, and a S&W 642 in a Null pocket holster.

Both the owner and the guest that picked us up are active shooters. Not always sure of who is carrying what. With three guns on my person, I knew in case of a situation, there would be three shooters, not just me, because I carried the equipment.

It is necessary to dress around the gun.

DC Founder
    People usually know who to get near when everything hits the fan. We were talking at work one day about what we would do if someone became unwrapped at the office and started shooting. Since three of us carry in our cars at work, we all agreed that we would be the first ones out of the building and the first ones back. I would, however, stop to notify the police officer that stays on the first floor.

P-239 .357Sig Milt Sparks VMII (IWB) No problems with it at all. Except, sometimes you forget you have it on.

Usually carry my 3\" Sp101 in a smartcarry. Same with my 642. I had my SO make me some shoulder straps that I clip to the smartcarry and then I can also carry it under my shirt.

i tried the SmartCarry/BellyBand type holsters before and i could never seem to get over the feeling of being wrapped up like a sausage. Made me really hot too.

Most of the time its the P239....

In a Defender Belly band at the 1:00 setting, with loose fitting jeans and no belt.

If im a good boy from now untill x-mass, maybe ill buy my self the milt sparks VM-2 that i have been drooling over for almost a year now, maybe.

Well, up until I purchased a Kimber Ultra Carry II .45ACP, it was a Sig P239/9mm in a Milt Sparks Versa Max-II. Wonderful set up. But, I have since swapped my Sig for the Kimber in the same holster.

VIP Member
    I carry differently in the three different seasons here in Virginia. In summer a 340PD in a pocket holster. Spring and Fall it is usually my Sig P228 in a Galco Holster on a Galco belt. Winter time I carry a S&W 624 on a Galco Belt in a S&W holster for 3\" N-Frames.

It also depends on the occassion and how I may need to dress. So I have other options depending on the occassion. I do purchase my clothes with concealed carry in mind.

Concealed Carry

Today, Sig P245 in a Blade Tech IWB w/sp mag. Other times a Glock M27 also in a Blade Tech IWB or one of my Colt 45\'s in a holster by my favorite custom holster maker Sam Andrews: http://wwwandrewseather.com

Full size Kimber in a Brommeland MaxConVI. Matching belt and mag/flash pouch.

Dan

DC Founder
    Another Kimber guy, what model do you have? I have an Eclipse Pro and a Custom TLE II (no rail).

Mine is a Kimber \'Classic Gold Match'(pre II) that has been slightly worked over for carry: Hienie fixed sights, 4.5lbs trigger, single sided Colt\'s style thumb safety, and of course skateboard tape on front strap. This pistol was a gift from my Grandfather. I spent 2 hours trying not to accept it. He\'s relentless. So, I had it modified to suit my needs and now tote it always.

Dan

Bumper

You know, a few years ago, I spent the day on the range with my club. We musta gone through 1000 rds each! Many stages and strings. At the end of the day, we all met our spouses at a restaurant in town. After dinner (quite late) we were all standing in the parking lot with wives and girlfriends and you know basically unwilling to end the night. Suddenly this car full of ummmm \"brothers\" slowly edges into the lot and cruises by...... circling the lot. It goes around again, slower. This sight was very rare in this part of town. Instantly and without a word being spoken all the shooters in the group slowly started pushing the noncombatants to the ground behind cover and seeking the right angles....I think we freaked the dudes out \'cause they peeled rubber as our spouses et al were still asking: \"What in the world is GOING on?\" Nice to know that other folks are observant and have similar reflexes, huh?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links