What's your concealed carry rig of choice?

This is a discussion on What's your concealed carry rig of choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Usually a Glock 26 or for a backup piece a Kahr PM9....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your concealed carry rig of choice?

Usually a Glock 26 or for a backup piece a Kahr PM9.

2. Remove Ads

Originally posted by ExSoldier762
    You know, a few years ago, I spent the day on the range with my club. We musta gone through 1000 rds each! Many stages and strings. At the end of the day, we all met our spouses at a restaurant in town. After dinner (quite late) we were all standing in the parking lot with wives and girlfriends and you know basically unwilling to end the night. Suddenly this car full of ummmm \"brothers\" slowly edges into the lot and cruises by...... circling the lot. It goes around again, slower. This sight was very rare in this part of town. Instantly and without a word being spoken all the shooters in the group slowly started pushing the noncombatants to the ground behind cover and seeking the right angles....I think we freaked the dudes out \'cause they peeled rubber as our spouses et al were still asking: \"What in the world is GOING on?\" Nice to know that other folks are observant and have similar reflexes, huh?

haha, thats awsome man. I wish i were there to see the site. Reminds me of a typical movie scene.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by ExSoldier762
    You know, a few years ago, I spent the day on the range with my club. We musta gone through 1000 rds each! Many stages and strings. At the end of the day, we all met our spouses at a restaurant in town. After dinner (quite late) we were all standing in the parking lot with wives and girlfriends and you know basically unwilling to end the night. Suddenly this car full of ummmm \"brothers\" slowly edges into the lot and cruises by...... circling the lot. It goes around again, slower. This sight was very rare in this part of town. Instantly and without a word being spoken all the shooters in the group slowly started pushing the noncombatants to the ground behind cover and seeking the right angles....I think we freaked the dudes out \'cause they peeled rubber as our spouses et al were still asking: \"What in the world is GOING on?\" Nice to know that other folks are observant and have similar reflexes, huh?
    It usually doesn\'t take much to turn BGs when they are still in the planning stage. They don\'t like to mess with anyone that shows any sign of being capable whether armed or not :)

Glock 33 in a High Noon Holsters Hidden Impact along with a Inova X5, a Kershaw folder and an extra 10 rounds in a Sidearmor mag carrier adjusted horizonatlly.

I don\'t know if its just me, but i always love it when people post their daily carry pictures. Especially if it has to do with guns :)

Kimber Compact CDP II in a SmartCarry 90% of the time, Milt Sparks VM-2 10% of the time.

Most of the time it\'s my trusty Sig 228 9mm with Speer gold dots +p in a strong side holster by High Noon Holster on a new belt from Aker.

In certain situations, Keltek p-11 9mm

Mosquito - good to see you here.

A lot of SIG owners here, that\'s cool!

So far it\'s been just a SIG 228 in an Uncle Mike\'s IWB for me but I\'m looking into others as well, so good to read this stuff.

I\'d post a picture if I could find my camera. During the non-coat season, I wear my Springfield XD-9 IWB with a Kydek holster that I have forgotten the manufacturer of. During coat season I wear my Springfield XD-40 in OWB G-Code Kydex paddle holster. I\'m also usually carrying my Streamlight Strion with me for light.

Carry Gun

I prefer to carry the Kahr K40 which is a Stainless Steel .40 SW caliber. While I have three holsters OSW, IWB, pocket holster. I use the IWB 95% of the time.

Speer Golddot 165 gr. GDHP with extra magazine on my weak side.

I carry my glocks in a CTAC slide and I have a UCR for my J frames. That UCR is one comfortable rig with a SC J frame. I almost forget I have it on.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    1. Kahr MK9 in an M/D Enterprises belt slide holster.

2. Springfield Armory stainless V-10 .45 in RafterS sharkskin holster. {with matching belt}

3. Kahr K9 in Galco S.O.B.

Glock 23 or 27 in Uncle Mikes Kydex IWB or Uncles Mikes Soft IWB

vmo
    ParaOrd 14-45 LDA in a DeSantis IWB
    or
    Walther P99QA.40 in a homemade VM-2
    or
    Ruger SP-101 in a Don Hume IWB or in a Pager Pal (3rd Choice)

All loaded with Corbons

Cross Draw

Cross draws are really only good for when you plan to be in a vehicle for extended times. They are unsafe, too visible in most circumstances, and not any faster than a good strong side rig. They also are bad from the weapon retention standpoint. Very few pros use them and they are not allowed in any shooting competition for the aforementioned reasons. My suggestion would be a good trong side rig.
    FWIW, I carry Sig 229 in strong side paddle holster, and yes I have tried cross draw and shoulder rigs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links