What's your concealed carry rig of choice? - Page 6

What's your concealed carry rig of choice?

This is a discussion on What's your concealed carry rig of choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sparks VMII with a Sig 239, 40 S&W stuffed in it. This IWB rig is very flat and by design it really tucks the butt ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Sparks VMII with a Sig 239, 40 S&W stuffed in it. This IWB rig is very flat and by design it really tucks the butt of the grip into my side so there is no printing. It conceals very well under a loose dark t-shirt.
    "EVERYONE is operating with only partial information" :hand27:
    Some Wise Guy, USA 2001

Bersa Thunder .380 with Speer Gold Dots, in a Fobus paddle.

The only complaint about the Fobus is that there's a fair amount of holster wear on the Bersa at this point.

I just bought a leather OWB holster from Ray's Holster & accessories (http://www.shado.com/) in Naples, Florida, $34.95 including shipping. It's well made and exactly as advertised, but in the warm weather we've had since it arrived I'm not very comfortable with it yet and have found it hard to wear things that conceal it enough. It rides higher than the Fobus and it's not as convenient as the paddle when I have to remove the gun before I go into work, etc.

BTW - they sent me a holster stamped as being for a Colt Officer" and it fits the Bersa well. Very nice and efficient folks at Ray's.

I've pretty much decided to keep it until cooler weather and then use it as an option when I don't have to be removing the rig so much.

Rick

Glock 19 or Glock 27 in a Sidearmor IWB holster. Kel-tec P3AT in the front jeans pocket.

Here's one of my rigs

Hey all,

Been carrying my 1911 with this rig for >5 years. Never had a problem with it. Called The Beltster. Made by Bandera Gunleather. linky
    I'm not affiliated with this company or anything, but I just like this product.

Just my $0.02

My Taurus PT911 fits very well inside a Fobus TA-940 paddle holster. This one is the safety button style designed for the Taurus PT940. But the 940 and 911 are so close in dimension, it's a perfect fit.

Then I have a Galco Jackass rig for my Taurus PT92 (now known as the Miami Classic) with dual mag pouch.

And I have a Vega shoulder holster for my Para-Ord P13.45. This can convert to a belt holster if desired. But I've taken the time to get used to shoulder carry as belt carry with any of the above has been pulling my pants down. I guess I need to get a tighter belt, or else suspenders.

I guess I'm the odd man out here as I prefer a revolver. I carry a S&W 642 (.38 spl) either on my belt in an Uncle Mike's Gunpak or in my pocket.
    When you heed the call to battle, let your witness be as steel.

Quote Originally Posted by fiVe
    I guess I'm the odd man out here as I prefer a revolver. I carry a S&W 642 (.38 spl) either on my belt in an Uncle Mike's Gunpak or in my pocket.
    why is it your preference.? Just curious...
    Brad B.

Smile

I am very comfortable with my G27 in my Lou Alessi CQC/S. While this rig works well with any of my belts, my Wilderness tactical belt is by far the best. I also carry my SW 640 in a Renegade ankle holster.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Weather decides what I carry!

S. Florida weather
    t-shirt & jean shorts;
    S&W 638 in Wild Bill's Undercover tuckable IWB or thunderware
    or
    Para P12 in Andrews Leather McDaniel2 IWB

Suit;
    S&W 638 or Kahr Pm9 in Galco Cop Ankle Band

Cold weather;
    HK USPc 357Sig in Andrews Leather McDaniel2 IWB
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

Usually Kahr MK-9 in Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker

I have been carrying a Sig 239 in a Lou Alessi CQC/S. But I just bought a CZ P-01 that I'm falling in love with. I'll see how well that conceals when I get the new holster I ordered for it.

para p12

a para p12-45S with a uncle mike's sidekick size 16 holster can ware it with shorts and a cut off and it still look like i'm me.
    (Not like a bum trying to steal something,) and alot of guns and holsters can't say that with 45 acp and 13 rounds in your gun!

My Daily Carry

What I carry depends on several things: my bad back, social situations and weather. With my back being the way it is I usually opt for a lightweight gun, in my case either a S&W M60, a Colt Agent or a Rossi M720. The Smith and the Colt are both 38 Special revolvers and the Rossi is a 44 Special revolver.
    As for holsters I like to use holsters from Bell Charter Oak for the S&W and Colt revolvers. I have a "Gumshoe" model for both a "flatfoot Special" for the Colt and a "Gaylord Super Slueth" for the S&W. For the Rossi I have a matched pair of holsters from Mernickle Holsters one is a IWB and the other is OWB. I highly recomend both holster makers.
    On rare occasions I will carry a Beretta 21-A 25 cal auto in K&D Holsters "Biker Wallet" holster. this holster is just as the name would indicate- a biker wallet. It has slots for credit cards and a place for cash. It also has a cover section that has the holster part. K&D is a good holster maker as well.

KRobb

DM
    I carry a Springfield xd40 in a De Santis speed slide and a RafterS iwb in brown sharkskin w/ matching belt.Soon to have a 239 Sig and not too sure what rig I'll carry it with.

Assistant Administrator
    Shucks - never did get round to posting on this one!! Daily carry for some time now has been SIG 226 ST - originally I used a Dillan rig but Kevin of K&D Holsters made me this magnificent rig specially.

This was a pic taken when new - it is now still very clean and smart but fully ''bedded in'' - and does look a bit more ''used''. Lovely rig - suits me perfectly.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links