One Officers view on CC.

This is a discussion on One Officers view on CC. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gasmitty Your Patrol Sergeant sounds like a great mentor! By the way, he's a former Marine, not an ex-Marine. "Ex-Marine" is like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: One Officers view on CC.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Your Patrol Sergeant sounds like a great mentor!

By the way, he's a former Marine, not an ex-Marine. "Ex-Marine" is like "ex-mother."
    Rght on. My son is a Marine on "inactive status", but he sure as little apples doesn't think of himself as an "Ex Marine".

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the perspective from "the other side"...

We non-LEOs are always wondering what the LEOs are thinking...

Bill
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billpocz View Post
    Thanks for the perspective from "the other side"...

We non-LEOs are always wondering what the LEOs are thinking...

Bill
    Most of the time we are thinking about doughnuts.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Or burritos.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Or doughnuts and burritos.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Or a Latte?
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billpocz
    "We non-LEOs are always wondering what the LEOs are thinking..."
    ...donuts
    ...burritos
    ...latte
    I think about how I can infringe on people's civil rights, use extreme excessive force, ignore callers, disrespect people on calls, speed en route to the donut shop early in the morning, pull people over for no reason, racial profile, write bogus tickets, and arrest people for things they didn't do
    well.....at least that's what I hear from the so-called/self-appointed experts that seem to know what I'm thinking about

actually I'm thinking about staying alive, doing the best job I can.......and the free coffee at the stop 'n rob

seriously.....
    OP....around here I'd say 99.999% of LEOs want people armed, we get tired of hearing about or going to calls and people got hurt because they didn't have a way to defend themselves from a dirtbag

+1Guantes....Pioneer said it all so I can't add much to it.....REMF....so true lol
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Rght on. My son is a Marine on "inactive status", but he sure as little apples doesn't think of himself as an "Ex Marine".

Fitch
    "A Marine is a Marine. ------------- here's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine------------- But you'll always be a Marine
    The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos

I am a criminal justice student at ITT Tech and one of my instructors who is a Police Chief has told us an intance where peopledid not help him when he asked for it. He went back and arrested them for not helping. We as responsible citizens have certain levels of obligation. I myself have aided in an arrest as a security guard. I do recommend asking first though to be safe.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I am a criminal justice student at ITT Tech and one of my instructors who is a Police Chief has told us an intance where peopledid not help him when he asked for it. He went back and arrested them for not helping. We as responsible citizens have certain levels of obligation. I myself have aided in an arrest as a security guard. I do recommend asking first though to be safe.
    It is ironic that the Supreme Court has ruled that police have no duty to protect citizens, yet your Police Chief instructor claims to arrest private citizens when they don't do the work he is paid to do. That sounds like an example of wanting to have your cake, and eat it too. Who has the 'duty' to do police work? Those who pay taxes or the guy who is collecting a Police Chief's salary? Some people want to have it both ways.

This happened when he was a rookie. He was being overpowered by a suspect and lost his radio. He asked someone to pick up his radio and ask for backup. There were more than 10 people watching. A kid was going to do it when the father said let the pig get it. Eventually somwone driving by helped him out. He came.back and arrested those who refused to help him.

By the way, he's a former Marine, not an ex-Marine. "Ex-Marine" is like "ex-mother."
    I beg to differ, I know 2 ex-marines convicted of raping an under aged girl and were dishonorably discharged. No way in hell I'd call either one Marine. They are few and far between, but there are ex-marines out there.

Semper Fi, Kent
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    This happened when he was a rookie. He was being overpowered by a suspect and lost his radio. He asked someone to pick up his radio and ask for backup. There were more than 10 people watching. A kid was going to do it when the father said let the pig get it. Eventually somwone driving by helped him out. He came.back and arrested those who refused to help him.
    What kind of morons stand by without lifting a finger to help? On the other hand, what crime were they charged with and why are the police immune from the same crime if the roles are reversed?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    What kind of morons stand by without lifting a finger to help? On the other hand, what crime were they charged with and why are the police immune from the same crime if the roles are reversed?
    I can't speak for other states....but here in Texas an officer could have anything from department discipline up to charges for inattention/neglect of duty, cowardice, and/or violation of the oath of office

also, the contest of the SCOTUS ruling is so that people can't sue a department/officer because they were unable to get to them, unable to help, etc., not so an officer can just watch while someone is getting assaulted, etc and do nothing about it
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

oorah!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links