Kmart armed robbery last night-video

This is a discussion on Kmart armed robbery last night-video within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local Kmart was robbed at gunpoint just a few minutes before closing last night. Here's the video,If you had been there what would you ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Kmart armed robbery last night-video

My local Kmart was robbed at gunpoint just a few minutes before closing last night. Here's the video,If you had been there what would you have done? There were two armed men that entered the store wearing hooded sweatshirts and dark colored masks. In my state I can defend a third party so assuming you were armed what would you have done?

I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

They didnt appear to want to use there guns. In this scenario, I would be a good witness. If they started shooting, and I had a clear shot, I would have to engage.
    oneshot, Old School and Ally like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    They didnt appear to want to use there guns. In this scenario, I would be a good witness. If they started shooting, and I had a clear shot, I would have to engage.
    Yup. They looked like punks looking for a quick score of cash for their next dope fix. Not much point in doing much about that except being a good witness, but if they started shooting, then my life is in danger...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Looked like they had holsters on. That's strange. Just sayin'.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Here's is a second video showing the two robbers forcing an employee to the ground while taking the days cash from a box in a shopping cart. The police have not released how much was taken in the robbery.

Well, I like the hoodies...not much peripheral vision. Some great chances for becoming a dead dirtbag...they did not seem to keep eyes moving around...bad move.
    I probably would have noticed them entering the store...I don't miss much when shopping. I would have moved quickly to the back of the store while calling 911. If one of the dirtbags came my way, he'd be making a bad move.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pointing a gun at me and telling me to lie on a dirty K-MART floor constitutes a threat to my life. I'll take the first shot I can get. These two would have been unaware. They do not appear to be concerned with any one they ordered down. If I can I would've found a place in the back of the store before being spotted.
    I do everything the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!

Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try!

I have just one question. It appears most would wait for a shot to be fired. Seems a little late to me. I quess as long as I'm not the first shot I'm good. I see both sides. I don't like either side. I quess to each his own. One thing that always amazes me is how fast this all happens. Really quick. I hope I never have this scenario.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

VIP Member
    It appeared they knew when and where the money was going to be convenient for them to pick up. Either they had been casing the place or had inside information. Inside information would give them a silent partner who could alert them of someone drawing a weapon. As long as the money in the cash draw was all they were after, I'm letting them have it and being a good witness. As others have said, if they escalate the game I show my hand.
    First Sgt likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Good call tkruf on the holsters.

WTH?? with that.

Anyway, if I were Kmart I'd be looking into past employees in that store, or neighboring ones ; seemed like it might have been an inside job.
    (guys seemed to know the drill and all).

Definitely getting a cap in their butt if they start messing with me or mine in that situation.
    They sure weren't paying attention, & not too worked up about anyone spoiling their fun, were they?
    TN_Mike likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I don't know what the temperature is in Arkansas, but it's close to 80 here. If I see individuals wearing hooded sweat shirts with the hoods on their heads in this weather, I'm already alerting someone in the store whether I see guns or not. Couple the hoodies with the sunglasses and you've got the description of the vast majority of armed robbery perps in this area.

As far as showing my gun, not unless I felt threatened. I'm not a cop.

The temperature is running in the mid 80's here and hoodies would be a definite red flag for me. but this is a college town with college kids more concerned with how cool they look than how comfortable they are. I see long sleeves even when the temps hit the 100's,it really makes me wonder. and I have to admit I thought the last robber to wear a holster was Jesse James.

If it's a grab-n-go, I let them grab the money and go and try to observe details. If they point a gun at me, totally different story. Game on, game over. If someone pulls a deadly weapon and points it at me, they will not get another chance to do it again. I'm just sayin'.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

May I ask why so many will wait till the BG points weapon at you or threatens you before you take action? Doesn't that put you behind in the Oda loop? It seems there are three courses of action to be taken. (1) Comply with BG's wishes (2) Hide and hope you are not found (3) Take advantage of their mistakes and start firing on them. I think in this scene I would use option 3 if the opportunity was presented to me. I don't think I would let some low life decide my fate.
    OK, Now you can jump on me.
    Semper Fi
    Last edited by BkCo1; May 10th, 2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    rolltide13 likes this.

For me, if they come in a store/bank/etc and are waving a gun around in the air or pointing it in the direction of the cashier, grabbing the cash and taking off and I am on the peripherial scene, then I am going to be a good witness. I am not the intended target, the store is. The store/bank cash is insured and it isn't my issue to resolve. Not worth the legal hassles and grief for me and my family. If in the process of their act they point their weapon at me specifically, then my rules of engagement have just been violated. If they point a gun at me, then it becomes a personal issue for me. Different issue if it is a situation in which I am specifically the intended target. Then I am not necessarily waiting for a lethal weapon to be pointed at me if it has been brought into the mix. Does the difference in those situations make any sense?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links