Nevada To Honor Arizona? - Page 2

Nevada To Honor Arizona?

This is a discussion on Nevada To Honor Arizona? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by randian Nevada appears to allow loaded handguns in vehicles, so if all you're doing is driving I-15 down to California you should ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nevada To Honor Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Nevada appears to allow loaded handguns in vehicles, so if all you're doing is driving I-15 down to California you should be OK. Of course you still have to disarm at California's border...
    Must NOT be concealed upon your person (even in your vehicle). Open carrt is OK.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    Must NOT be concealed upon your person (even in your vehicle). Open carrt is OK.
    The point being that brobar need not disarm himself on the drive to California.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No Florida permits? No visit to "Lost Wages"...no problem.
    I get your point, Problem is it leaves a big geographic hole near AZ,UT CO,NM and ID if you are doing a road trip.
    Yeah;I know there is a really big hole to the west of NV.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

CCW without a permit while in your car is legal in CO, even in DENVER. Can't get out without a permit. I also wish NV would honor CO or FL Non-res. That would save me $1,000 dollars + that I am spending next week to get my NV non-res. I think it's a money ploy.

It's hard to figure out what NV's criteria is for reciprocity. Training, 24 hour database, fingerprinting,exc. Seems somewhat arbitrary, they just pick and choose who they want to recognize. The fact they don't recognize any states that offer non-resident permits leads me to believe there's a money angle. The states they currently recognize all seem to be a distance away, maybe as a cover just to show they have reciprocity.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

NV training requirements are set my the Nevada Chiefs and Sheriffs Association so IMO that muddies the waters even more. Who knows what kind of politics may be at play here in addition to what goes on in the legislature?

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    NV training requirements are set my the Nevada Chiefs and Sheriffs Association so IMO that muddies the waters even more.
    I don't think Nevada law gives them the authority to set training requirements for all eligible types of training. Unfortunately, it's a lot cheaper to knuckle under than it is to pay the lawyers to challenge them.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    CCW without a permit while in your car is legal in CO, even in DENVER. Can't get out without a permit. I also wish NV would honor CO or FL Non-res. That would save me $1,000 dollars + that I am spending next week to get my NV non-res. I think it's a money ploy.
    Why so much? Flight? Hotel? The class is not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I don't think Nevada law gives them the authority to set training requirements for all eligible types of training. Unfortunately, it's a lot cheaper to knuckle under than it is to pay the lawyers to challenge them.
    That is true. I reread the statute and only training that a NV CCW instructor submits to the sheriff must meet the training requirements of the NVSCA . Federal or College or LE courses are accepted but it also says demonstrates competency with any revolver and each semiautomatic that is desired to be carried. I take that to mean live fire .All courses must also include training in NV firearms law. All these things together will be difficult but not impossible for an out of state entity to achieve.

I think this effectively limits instruction to in state instructors.

Flight, hotel, car rental, permit cost, training, food. Class is $165, PERMIT $100.25 and I'm taking my wife.

NV doesn't allow non-res by mail.

Any news on the AZ CCW acceptance in NV?
    ------------------------------>
    Shoot Straight

Does anyone know why Nevada doesn`t honor Idaho`s CCW permit ?, Idaho honors Nevadas CCW permits ?.

... Federal or College or LE courses are accepted but it also says demonstrates competency with any revolver and each semiautomatic that is desired to be carried. I take that to mean live fire .All courses must also include training in NV firearms law.
    Yes, live fire, and the weapons you qualify with are listed on your permit. Get caught with a non listed weapon...bad juju.

NV law is another big one you need to know (obviously).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

That is true. I reread the statute and only training that a NV CCW instructor submits to the sheriff must meet the training requirements of the NVSCA . Federal or College or LE courses are accepted but it also says demonstrates competency with any revolver and each semiautomatic that is desired to be carried. I take that to mean live fire .All courses must also include training in NV firearms law. All these things together will be difficult but not impossible for an out of state entity to achieve.

I think this effectively limits instruction to in state instructors.

One would think....there I go thinking again....that with the amount of tourist money that NV gets each year...they would set up a UT instructor-type situation...allowing instructors from other states to get state certified to teach the NV class out of state.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links