Nevada To Honor Arizona?

This is a discussion on Nevada To Honor Arizona? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have two people so far telling me and have seen an email from what appears to be a government agency to a person saying ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nevada To Honor Arizona?

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Nevada To Honor Arizona?

I have two people so far telling me and have seen an email from what appears to be a government agency to a person saying Nevada will start honoring an Arizona Permit/License to Carry come July 1, 2011. This surprises me as Nevada dumped FL and UT and the only states they honor today do not issue Non Resident permit/licenses or have a very narrow Non Resident Issue Policy. That lead me to believe they wanted to shut out anyone who was not from the listed states. AZ does Issue Non Resident permits and they can be obtained by mail. It looks like it is so but until NV Posts that info on their official website it is not official. I would think an official announcement would be made in the near future.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

The reason NV currently does not recognize the AZ permit is because there is not a 24 hour number where they can call to verify the permit is still valid.... I truly hope this happens

I really wish NV would revise their policies. Dumping FL just because our licenses are valid for 7 instead of 5 years? Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I really wish NV would revise their policies. Dumping FL just because our licenses are valid for 7 instead of 5 years? Come on!
    I don't think that was the real reason. It was pretext. All the states they dumped issue non-resident licenses to all comers. The remaining states they honor either don't issue non-resident licenses at all, or only issue them to a very restricted set of people. Only military, for example.

One annoying thing about AZ's license is MN and WA don't honor it, for no obvious reason. WA honor's FL's permit, why not AZ's? Getting a NV non-resident permit is the only practical way to carry in MN, since it's a lot closer than MN and MN requires you apply in person. Same goes for WA: get a UT non-resident permit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I don't think that was the real reason. It was pretext. All the states they dumped issue non-resident licenses to all comers. The remaining states they honor either don't issue non-resident licenses at all, or only issue them to a very restricted set of people. Only military, for example.

One annoying thing about AZ's license is MN and WA don't honor it, for no obvious reason. WA honor's FL's permit, why not AZ's? Getting a NV non-resident permit is the only practical way to carry in MN, since it's a lot closer than MN and MN requires you apply in person. Same goes for WA: get a UT non-resident permit instead.
    Politics suck, that about sums it up.

No Florida permits? No visit to "Lost Wages"...no problem.
    Stubborn and Mjodr like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would like to see NV honor my AZ permit, but I'm not holding my breath

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Thats stupid, theres already states the have resident only reciprocity. Which I don't completely agree with since I get 2 extra states with one of my permits but I get it. But screwing residents out of there reciprocity because of it isn't fair.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Bravo, "retsupt99" my feelings exactly. If my gun is not welcome, then I am not welcome, and I will not spend my money there.
    Like the old country song says "you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nothing up to date on the NVSCA site yet....

So If you want to go to Vegas either (A) open carry (B) Do like I did, spend the day of your vacation and take a CCW class and the next day submit your papers. I normally travel to Vegas twice a year. So I felt it was worth it.

I have also heard from a reliable source NV will begin honoring AZ starting July 1.

Seems odd since they dropped UT for lack of live firing training yet one can obtain an AZ permit with nothing more than proof of decades old military service and without even going to Arizona.

I wish they would honor Colorado's permit. I hate having to disarm at the UT/NV border on my way over to Kaliforniastan a couple of times a year!

I wonder why they would start honoring AZ but not UT or FL.

Quote Originally Posted by brobar View Post
    I wish they would honor Colorado's permit. I hate having to disarm at the UT/NV border on my way over to Kaliforniastan a couple of times a year!
    Nevada appears to allow loaded handguns in vehicles, so if all you're doing is driving I-15 down to California you should be OK. Of course you still have to disarm at California's border...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links