Yes, a .22 will kill you - Page 3

Yes, a .22 will kill you

This is a discussion on Yes, a .22 will kill you within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a .357 Python (too big and nice to carry), two 45s and two snubs 38 with Buffalo Bore ammo - highly lethal in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Yes, a .22 will kill you

I have a .357 Python (too big and nice to carry), two 45s and two snubs 38 with Buffalo Bore ammo - highly lethal in 38 - yet I've been shooting a Browning .22 with CCI Stingers (Browning Buckmark) for the first few times. Just got it to cut down on ammo costs which are killing me. But, I seriously started to think about carrying it. Crazy I know but it's so easy to shoot quickly and repeatedly on target ! ..... well, anyway, I probably won't but even so I never thought I'd be thinking .22 for carry.. goes to show.

If I'm not mistaken,both the mafia and the mossad used them to execute people all the time.

Yes, a .22 will kill you
    Who ever said a .22 wouldn't kill you? If I remember correctly, I have read several times that there are more deaths every year attributed to the .22Lr than any other caliber....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    What is weaker than a .22?
    A knats fart.

Just because it can kill under optimum conditions does not make a .22 an effective self defense weapon. In most cases that a fatality is caused by a .22 it is murder, I don't think that is our goal or objective here. Is it?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    adric22, I believe your friend is correct. Apparently his skull is VERY thick and it would have no effect.
    Now that's Funny!

Here's a little info on the 22, from the Mob Tour in Vegas. The tour focuses mostly on Tony "The Ant" Spilotro. His weapon of choice was a 22 revolver. The way the tour guide tells it, supposidly one time he was going to do a hit on a snitch and his associate removed some of the powder from the bullets because they were going to kill the guy in a subdivison and didn't want to attract attention. Tony chases the guy into the kitchen and empty's the gun into him. He's still alive so Tony has to beat him to death with the gun.
    Looking back on the story though, I know you can't reload 22's. Can you create a custom load by pulling the bullet and removing powder and reseating the bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Now that's Funny!

Here's a little info on the 22, from the Mob Tour in Vegas. The tour focuses mostly on Tony "The Ant" Spilotro. His weapon of choice was a 22 revolver. The way the tour guide tells it, supposidly one time he was going to do a hit on a snitch and his associate removed some of the powder from the bullets because they were going to kill the guy in a subdivison and didn't want to attract attention. Tony chases the guy into the kitchen and empty's the gun into him. He's still alive so Tony has to beat him to death with the gun.
    Looking back on the story though, I know you can't reload 22's. Can you create a custom load by pulling the bullet and removing powder and reseating the bullet?
    There is a "hit"-revolver - rather a way of making one: unscrew the barrel of a revolver that has a screw-barrel and take it off. No barrel. Pure contact gun. No way to trace the round: no barreling marks.

Can you imagine a .357 Magnum shot like that right up against someone's body. (357s have such a pressure wave hitting the target that there are stories where a shot missed and the guy fell down anyway convinced he was mortally wounded from the pressure-shock hitting him- even though the round missed!
    Last edited by hamlet; May 28th, 2011 at 03:25 AM.

VIP Member
    Yup, a .22 will do what a .45 does much better. I'll stick with my .45's thank you!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links