And not one single bad guy was able to penetrate this barrier!

This is a discussion on And not one single bad guy was able to penetrate this barrier! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a meeting last night and encountered this: I of course ignored it (in KY). But I just get SO sick of seeing ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: And not one single bad guy was able to penetrate this barrier!

And not one single bad guy was able to penetrate this barrier!

I went to a meeting last night and encountered this:

I of course ignored it (in KY). But I just get SO sick of seeing these!

I would like to find the person who believes that this makes a difference!

Bill
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    thats a no beretta sign, just dont take your beretta, glocks are ok
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Does it hold force of law in Kentucky?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Is it all berettas or just that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Does it hold force of law in Kentucky?
    Agave,

There is no force behind this sign.

Kentucky has no sign requirements and there are few places wherer carrying is truly restricted.

Bill
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Uncommon for Kentucky in my opinion. All of the places around here could not care less. Except Wal*Mart.... I do know there are a lot of anti's in the Ashland area though.

Sigh..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Are store owners not allowed to ban guns from their stores in KY? I didn't realize that, if it was the case. I'm not sure why a privately owned store shouldn't be allowed to ban guns (or anything else they want) from coming in, as long as it applies equally to everyone.)

Don't get me wrong... I don't understand why any place would ban legally carried guns, but I think they should have the right. Just like I think owners should be allowed to ban smoking, however I think it is BS that the state of NC has now banned smoking in almost all public restaurants, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Uncommon for Kentucky in my opinion. All of the places around here could not care less. Except Wal*Mart.... I do know there are a lot of anti's in the Ashland area though.

Sigh..
    Heck,

The ATT store in Maysville has one.

I was leaning on the counter, waiting for the ATT person to let me know about a charger or something, and I noticed the decal right next to the door!!

My Sig 245 helped me to feel safer than the sign did...

Bill
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

From my research, KY has about the best gun laws in the country. We can carry concealed pretty much anywhere, and the few places where we can't carry concealed, we can carry openly. Open carry is constitutionally protected, whether it is in a courthouse, sheriffs office, or the state capitol. And there is statewide pre-emption as well, so if any county or city decides to ban guns in the parks or wherever, that is an illegal, unenforceable, ordinance.

Anyone can make about any rules they want on private property, but their rules are rules and not laws. So if I carry past a sign the worst they can get me for is trespassing if I refuse to leave when asked.

I truly do not understand these signs. I mean, it is, after all, illegal to discharge a firearm within pretty much any city limits. I'm pretty sure there are laws which carry a lot of weight behind them, against armed robbery and murder. So if those laws don't stop a bad guy, how is the sign going to do anything? From my discussions with a few people, the people who put these signs up believe that guns are inherently bad and a danger to just be around. Kind of like some places that ban certain breeds of dogs, because they think they are too uncontrollable and aggressive to be around. I must just have really well behaved guns though. They're very good at staying in their holsters, and only firing when I press the bang switch.
    RevolvingMag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    From my research, KY has about the best gun laws in the country. We can carry concealed pretty much anywhere, and the few places where we can't carry concealed, we can carry openly. Open carry is constitutionally protected, whether it is in a courthouse, sheriffs office, or the state capitol. And there is statewide pre-emption as well, so if any county or city decides to ban guns in the parks or wherever, that is an illegal, unenforceable, ordinance.

Anyone can make about any rules they want on private property, but their rules are rules and not laws. So if I carry past a sign the worst they can get me for is trespassing if I refuse to leave when asked.

I truly do not understand these signs. I mean, it is, after all, illegal to discharge a firearm within pretty much any city limits. I'm pretty sure there are laws which carry a lot of weight behind them, against armed robbery and murder. So if those laws don't stop a bad guy, how is the sign going to do anything? From my discussions with a few people, the people who put these signs up believe that guns are inherently bad and a danger to just be around. Kind of like some places that ban certain breeds of dogs, because they think they are too uncontrollable and aggressive to be around. I must just have really well behaved guns though. They're very good at staying in their holsters, and only firing when I press the bang switch.
    I know what you are talking about. They should just make a sign that prevents entry by stupid people...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The sign means "sheeple" only can enter.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

A business has two options when it comes to CC on their property. They can allow it or they can not allow it. If they allow you to bring a weapon on their property and someone gets shot, the business will be at the top of the lawsuit list because they said it was OK for guns to be on their property. If they post a sign and something goes wrong it will be a lot easier for them to defend their position. I don't think a lot of businesses care if you carry or not, they are just covering their ass if something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    Are store owners not allowed to ban guns from their stores in KY? I didn't realize that, if it was the case. I'm not sure why a privately owned store shouldn't be allowed to ban guns (or anything else they want) from coming in, as long as it applies equally to everyone.)

Don't get me wrong... I don't understand why any place would ban legally carried guns, but I think they should have the right. Just like I think owners should be allowed to ban smoking, however I think it is BS that the state of NC has now banned smoking in almost all public restaurants, etc.
    in some states signs like that have the force of law behind them, ignore the sign and you could wind up in jail and legal problems, in other states the sign has no law behind. that means a store owner/property owner can say he doesn't want guns in his business.
    In Fla signs like that have no force of law however if the business owner asks you to leave you must comply or face an armed trespass charge.

http://th156.photobucket.com/albums/...th_sheeple.gif

Only posting this to see if I can put up a pic.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links