First time cc.

This is a discussion on First time cc. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to do the walmart walk concealing for the first time today. Got my card yesterday. Using a glock 26, hopefully it wont ...

Thread: First time cc.

First time cc.

I am going to do the walmart walk concealing for the first time today. Got my card yesterday. Using a glock 26, hopefully it wont feel to large. Thinking about a lcp for the summer.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

What are you carrying that fine 9x19 dispenser in? Good luck on the wally walk. Just relax and don't act like you are trying to conceal a pistol, don't be totally normal either but relax and learn to move in a way that prevents printing such as squatting instead of leaning over. As far as carrying a gun... may you always have it and never need it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I am using a high noon hidden ally. Dont know if ill stick with this or not. Really like the holster but might try some others. Ive been wearing it around the house at 5:00.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats. In no time you will be feeling weird if you are not cc'ing.

Good luck. You have an excellent quality holster. Just be your same old natural self as before you started carrying. You will be fine.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

You are a citizen conducting legal activities, go about your business.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Trust me a G26 is not going to be too big, I carry a G19 in Arizona and Texas heat. I usually wear tshirt and shorts or gym shorts and have never had a printing problem. Congrats and stay safe!

C5A
    I carry either a Colt Cobra 38 Spl or a G22. Pretty soon you tend to forget it is there because it feels natural. Carry always.
    NRA
    Glock 22
    Colt Cobra 38 Spl

So how did the walk go MJ?
    "An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
    Anon.

I'm tall and skinny and carry a g23 in a desantis owb off duty in shorts and Tshirt with no printing. Like other posters stated, learn proper movements to prevent exposing the weapon. Good luck and congrats. Always makes me happy seeing people make the choice to carry and choose to protect themselves and others rather then being a sheep.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Congrats on the permit. Pretty soon carrying will become second nature and you will feel funny when you aren't carrying. Just be conscious to NOT constantly be checking your weapon, pulling up you pants, acting "not" natural, etc. Good luck and stay safe.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links